loreal thickening shampoo is amaze...

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I bought this L'Oreal Regenium XY stuff after JayMan's recommendation. While I wasn't too impressed after the first use ... this sh*t seems to get better and better with each wash. honestly, after 2 weeks of use, my hair is *ridiculously* thick on top. I usually have to smear nanogen over my vertex to hide the thinning but i hardly need to apply any after using this shampoo. And it feels amazing. Try it, it's quite cheap and you can buy it in the states and the UK.

CCS

Reaction score
I got the same bottle. I used it once, saw a 5-10% improvement

No way you noticed a 5% improvement in your hair. People don't notice hair loss until they've lost 50% of their density in the area, usually, and you're telling me that you noticed a 5% increase and was unsatisfied?

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess it works much better for a diffuse thinner like me.

I wasn't too impressed on the first go either, but I read some reviews and people said the best results can be seen after a month of use. I'm really impressed after 2 weeks. I mean, it's not "omg all my hair is back!" but it's enough to make me feel happier about the situation..

and anything to avoid having to use f*****g concealers every morning, *sigh* i am so sick and tired of that.

HairRebirth

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent,

Please, can you explain me what is the wrong with Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Myreth Sulfate and ingredients like that.

You can also see my latest post in the Experimental Treatments section. I was using Biocap Sampoo (which does not contain Sodium Laureth Sulfate) for the Nizoral off days, but the last month I started to use thickening sampoos like the Thicker Fuller Hair and I also plan to buy the Jasons thin to thick. But these sampoos contain Sodium Sulfate....so is there any scientific article regarding these ingredients and the effects on hair and hair loss? Should I return to the Biocap sampoo for the Nizoral off Days..?

thanks in advance

CCS

Reaction score
HairRebirth said:
collegechemistrystudent,

Please, can you explain me what is the wrong with Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Myreth Sulfate and ingredients like that.

You can also see my latest post in the Experimental Treatments section. I was using Biocap Sampoo (which does not contain Sodium Laureth Sulfate) for the Nizoral off days, but the last month I started to use thickening sampoos like the Thicker Fuller Hair and I also plan to buy the Jasons thin to thick. But these sampoos contain Sodium Sulfate....so is there any scientific article regarding these ingredients and the effects on hair and hair loss? Should I return to the Biocap sampoo for the Nizoral off Days..?

thanks in advance

SLS does not cause male pattern baldness on its own. But it can cause inflammation on the scalps of some men, especially those with sensitive scalps. Part of the balding process is inflammation. The majority starts with hormones, but if you cut out one more irritant, it could help. It probably won't be a huge difference, but since it takes me a long time to go through a shampoo bottle, and I can get an SLS free one for $6, with other good ingredients, I'm cutting SLS out of my shampooing, except with nizoral and NANO. I noticed that my scalp is pink, even though it does not hurt. So that might mean I'm one of the sensitive ones.

HairRebirth

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks collegechemistrystudent,

you were clear. Can I ask you a last question: I read that Revita contains caffeine (4%) which is the dominant ingredient (I mean the ingredient which is more than the other in Revita). Dont you think that maybe this means that any regrowth abilities of Revita may come mostly because of Caffeine and in this case wouldnt be a good idea to try Alpecin C1 Caffeine Sampoo?? Did you have any experience by using caffeine at least for six months?

cheers

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah i used to use it before my hair got worse because they have a dandruff version.

Didn't do that much. I like jasons better.

almo181

Reaction score
i was walking down walmart the other day saw the loreal stuff and saw this on the shelf for 4 bucks so i figured what the heck. The stuff is the tits, its awesome. I was going to start athread on it but hey u beat me to it. i dunno how it works it really doesnt matter but wow its awesome. anyone know waht regneium XY is or is it just something loreal made up?

CCS

Reaction score
cassin and other salon bathroom guys say aveda pure abundance is much better. but it costs $18 and is only available online.

as for the caffine, you can buy caffine at http://www.bulknutrition.com. I don't know what the optimal amount is. It is a growth stimulant at least in the short run. I might add some to my shampoo, but I'm a little worried. I'd rather just add apple poly, minoxidil, and folligen to my shampoo. But caffine is really cheap. You'd have to mix it good somehow, though, or it won't pass through the skin.

G

almo181 said:
anyone know waht regneium XY is or is it just something loreal made up?

well, whatever it is, thta's what makes the hair look thicker. glad i could help you guys out. i like using this before going out as well.

I think I noticed about a 30% improvement after using it, upon reflection. When I spike my hair and wet it, the hairline is sometimes see through, but not with this L'OReal shampoo. I suspect the Aveda that Cassin likes would do an even better job, but as has been said, costs like 4 times as much, and probably doesn't work 4 times as well.

CCS

Reaction score
If you count shipping, it costs maybe 5x as much, since the loreal is in stores. I'm under the impression with the aveda you don't have to wait two weeks to get the max effects. I'm very tempted to order it, but I guess I should see what this loreal does first. I'm more concerned with which product will stay on my hair even after nizoral chomps on it for 5 minutes. Since Aveda gets faster results, it may be the better choice.

CCS

Reaction score
Aveda is $15 plus shipping for 250 mL, but they have 1000mL for $39, and you can get it on ebay for $30. Tempting. If I can just get into my paypal account I'll buy it.

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
almo181 said:

well, whatever it is, thta's what makes the hair look thicker. glad i could help you guys out. i like using this before going out as well.

I think I noticed about a 30% improvement after using it, upon reflection. When I spike my hair and wet it, the hairline is sometimes see through, but not with this L'OReal shampoo. I suspect the Aveda that Cassin likes would do an even better job, but as has been said, costs like 4 times as much, and probably doesn't work 4 times as well.
hey jayman- where do u get the loreal elvive shampoo? ive looked it up and it only seems to be available in the UK

Cassin

Reaction score
JayMan said:
I suspect the Aveda that Cassin likes would do an even better job, but as has been said, costs like 4 times as much, and probably doesn't work 4 times as well.

It does indeed do a better job but no it doesn't do 4 times as well.

But it is the best of the best.

CCS

Reaction score
does the clay volumizing conditioner work on its own? I don't want to wash my hair with shampoo too many times in a day. If I use the conditioner an hour after nizoral, will it volumize as well as the shampoo?

G

JayB said:
JayMan said:
almo181 said:

hey jayman- where do u get the loreal elvive shampoo? ive looked it up and it only seems to be available in the UK

jay, no man. you can find it at wal-mart in the us. that's where i bought mine.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
ok bought the loreal because they had a sale at publix in florida here for 2 for 1. I've only used it twice and I have said many times about having a 'knee-jerk' reaction to hair products as that may easily change in a month from now.... but.. holy hell, this stuff is great! Mucho thicker then Jason's thin to thick, even after the 1st use. Love it so far. Anyways, thats MY opinion. use at your own risk :)

CCS

Reaction score
I wish I got results like that. I think I see some thickening, but I guess I have to use it several times. I just hope it does not dry my scalp out when I use it on the same day as nizoral or NANO.