"lord Tsuji, Give The Humans Sea Otter Density Soon, Thank You."

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is really depressing. What was all the hypo about Shiseido curing baldness for then? I thought in the video I saw where they explained the process they made it sound like it would be stimulating a lot of hair growth. I guess I'm screwed then for at least "5 more years". I won't have any hair by then.

For the vast majority of hairloss sufferers, Shiseido's treatment, along with conventional ones, would see many cured. I would strongly recommend finasteride if you aren't on it.

I hate to sh*t on the parade, we all know I am a fanboy of Tsuji, but I think it's unwise for any young people out there like myself who are low Norwood to let Tsuji help them sleep at night. You will have to travel and as they stated in the interview, while they want to make the treatment affordable and competitive over time, it will initially be quite expensive; they could easily charge twice as much as what the extortionist prices of hair transplants are currently at. If you're a high Norwood, you'll need THOUSANDS of grafts. I'd expect that for a Norwood 6-7 person to go recover all of their hair will initially cost in the ballpark of 100,000$ easily. They also said, though it's not clear exactly, that they will be limited in how many patients they can treat and plan to leverage transplant surgeons to increase the number of patients.

I'm 24 now, Norwood 2.5 with temple loss being my biggest problem. I think it's perfectly reasonable to say this treatment won't be widely available and reasonably priced until I'm in my mid 30s or possibly even 40s; I am not willing to wait that long. So all hope goes with conventional treatments, FIDIA, Histogen, Shiseido and possibly Follica now that they seem to have their sh*t in a pile.

Baldybald1

Established Member
Reaction score
What makes me sad is that Tsuji won't work on hair transplant scar ( according to the interview) but we still can have a great result !

Rofler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What makes me sad is that Tsuji won't work on hair transplant scar ( according to the interview) but we still can have a great result !

Where did they say it? They just said that they don't know how hair will grow under tissue scars.

itsover

Reaction score
Stem cells looks really promising, in addition to hair maybe they can rejuvenate our skin too (if you are over 30).

orkun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you mean like Fut/Fue kind of scar or just regular scar? Can you quote where they talk about the scar thing?

Last edited:

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
for example patients can have body hair transplant to hide a FUT scar so -I don’t see why this should not work

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have a full head of hair then a hair transplant scar isn't going to matter anymore is it? Just grow out your hair. Unless for some odd reason you must shave your head even when you get your hair back

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have a full head of hair then a hair transplant scar isn't going to matter anymore is it? Just grow out your hair. Unless for some odd reason you must shave your head even when you get your hair back

agree but as I'm not entirely convinced by smp if tsuji can offer the luxury to get any haircut you want(for ex fade haircut) anytime . this is a bonus I would grab. Who wouldn't? and btw we could shave head again after losing bet !

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
Except the scarring problem isn't with the donor area but with the recipient area. It's the tissue surrounding the implanted graft that gets damaged and might not allow for regrowth.
Sure, you'll have coverage from the transplant but at the same time you may be cheating yourself out of superior, possibly natural density.

The finality of it all is my main hang-up with hair transplants.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Dr. Tsuji looks like our best hope and his technology is at least 2 years from the marketplace so there isn't much to discuss for the time being.

Last edited: