Lord Hair .03mm UTS V-Loop (Dark Brown) System: Initial Thoughts.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's extrememly comfortable & I like the way it hugs the head. That said, it does not look as real as lace. V-Loops look worse than knots & the color of the base is too light.

Was worried it'll be too hot but that's just not the case. Going to bond w/ Got2B initially, hoping it works well in tandem w the unit as it'll be an idle bonding agent.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have pics you can post?

V-loops look really bad on dark hair. I only learned after some time that the dyeing method is a huge improvement.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just applied w Got2B, but the Unit is cut to size so the excess hanging over my bio hair allowed for easy removal. The gel held very impressively in other spots.

It's amazing how bad v-loops looks - & not being able to bleach/pluck leaves you w a bad hairline.

The unit also came very messy-haired, unlike other units, which are tightly bundled.

Sending back to amazon most likely.

@deg_dilemma How do dye without hitting the base? The instructions even say don't dye as base will take color...

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've had it fully bonded, via Ghostbond XL, to my head for a day - so good so far. It feels excellent on the head.

It is, however, delicate, & I can see why the shelf life advertised w/ these types of units is markedly lower than with french lace.

The hairline, however, DOES NOT look realistic in the least. Visible V-loops are terrible-looking - worse than dark knots.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
utshair.jpg
utshair.jpg
utshair.jpg
utshair.jpg
utshair.jpg
utshair.jpg
utshair.jpg
utshair.jpg
It looks good in photos - _RIDICULOUS_ in real life. French lace is far superior, which makes sense, given all the Authorities on this forum use it.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see your hairline, to work out why it looks so bad. I can imagine what you're going through, because my first couple of UTS systems were really bad too and the hairline was shocking. It was only when I learned about the dyeing method that finally I had the hairline I wanted - you can see my old posts from Aug/Sept 2020 for the pics.

To answer your question above, yes you have to be very careful when dyeing hair, but that's for all base types not just UTS. The skill is to apply the dye approx 1cm above the 'root' or base, so that even if the dye creeps down a bit (which it will), it still shouldn't get on to the base. I didn't dye the hair myself - I left that to the salon expert to do and it was well worth it.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here it is fully bonded w/ Ghostbond XL. Looks even worse IRL. Unbelievable.

It is extremely comfortable though - but I can tell it's much more fragile than lace. Heat escape hasn't really been an issue yet...

Attachments

• bondedUTS.jpg
    bondedUTS.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 188

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That piece doesn't look right. The density is way too low, like it's already shed a bunch of hair.

You would see a big improvement by increasing density a little at the hairline and also by using the dyeing method. Another tip about dyeing the hair is that it looks less dense anyway, because the v-loops remain a light (skin) colour.

Smartone84

Established Member
Reaction score
Why does that piece have a huge gap through it?

Dark haired v-loops are probably the most unrealistic things in the hair system game from what I've seen. No point in wearing the systems unless its an unexposed hairline. The industry standard for dark haired skin systems should either be lightly bleaching the very front hairs of the system or doing the first inch of hair in blonde and dying it dark brown to match the rest.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a JOKE. And it came w/ so little hair in it.
That piece doesn't look right. The density is way too low, like it's already shed a bunch of hair.

You would see a big improvement by increasing density a little at the hairline and also by using the dyeing method. Another tip about dyeing the hair is that it looks less dense anyway, because the v-loops remain a light (skin) colour.
I got it off Lord Hair's "shop" on Amazon Prime. It came battered-looking out of the box, and unusually thin, so I assume it was a return. Either way, it's a disaster that's going back!

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why does that piece have a huge gap through it?

Dark haired v-loops are probably the most unrealistic things in the hair system game from what I've seen. No point in wearing the systems unless its an unexposed hairline. The industry standard for dark haired skin systems should either be lightly bleaching the very front hairs of the system or doing the first inch of hair in blonde and dying it dark brown to match the rest.
Ya, they look atrocious.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your UTS system looks like a balding / thinning head of hair, which is exactly what it's NOT supposed to be! I hope you send it back and manage to get something better my friend.

J_D_R

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait... is that a stock unit you bought from Amazon, trimmed the base, cut the hair, wore it and then returned it?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Excellent, so it was a dud piece as we expected!

Can you post pics of this one when it is attached. It will be great to see what the hairline looks like.
It actually looks quite bad too - it's a full-haired unit, but the hairline looks terrible when wet.

I absolutely prefer lace, which makes me wonder: would I like mono?