Loosing My Hair At 15: Itchy, Recession.

ThatYoungGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't understand. Why is this happening to me, and what should I do about it?
Everyone on my family has nice thick hair. My hair's always itchy and when I scratch it these white ball things come out.

I've been facing this hair loss for about a year now and mostly been in denial.

Someone please help me!

Attachments

• IMG_20200223_212858.jpg
    IMG_20200223_212858.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_20200223_212647.jpg
    IMG_20200223_212647.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_20200223_100725.jpg
    IMG_20200223_100725.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_20200223_093855.jpg
    IMG_20200223_093855.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 344

Bastien

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just hope for you it’s will stabilize because you can’t do anything if you are under 18.
At least you can hope for a better treatment when you will be around 20, you’ll still be very young at this moment.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get on at least minoxidil. You need to act quick, it will most likely worsen.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
We can't help you if you just abandon threads without answering any questions.

ThatYoungGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, sorry then. My question was, do any of your other family members have a similar hairline?
Nope, my grandpa is a Norwood 3a and he's 80. My dad's hair is fine, his dad's hair is diffuse thinning (but then, he's also 80). All my relatives had full heads of hair at 40+.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope, my grandpa is a Norwood 3a and he's 80. My dad's hair is fine, his dad's hair is diffuse thinning (but then, he's also 80). All my relatives had full heads of hair at 40+.
Have you noticed your hairline changing or has it always been like this?

ThatYoungGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you noticed your hairline changing or has it always been like this?
Honestly, my hairline has been a "mature" hairline since I was like, 2. Widows peak and big forehead. Recently thought, the hairline has been thinning at the right side.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, my hairline has been a "mature" hairline since I was like, 2. Widows peak and big forehead. Recently thought, the hairline has been thinning at the right side.
So, do all the full heads in your family have norwood 1 hairlines?

Hairs45

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
damn, 2nd pic... you look 35 not 15 with that hair

finally someone who has reason to fear his hairloss instead of all the norwood 0s teenagers posting on here.

I would go see a doctor/dermatologist to see whats going on with your hair and also a therapist to talk to and control your anxiety

ThatYoungGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
damn, 2nd pic... you look 35 not 15 with that hair

finally someone who has reason to fear his hairloss instead of all the norwood 0s teenagers posting on here.

I would go see a doctor/dermatologist to see whats going on with your hair and also a therapist to talk to and control your anxiety
How bad is it right now?

ThatYoungGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's a pic of my crown, wet and under bright light.

Attachments

• IMG_20200224_221921.jpg
    IMG_20200224_221921.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 134

Losingitsince14

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, I started losing my hair around your age too, but my loss is mainly at the crown and I have an NW2A hairline. Unfortunately like other posters have said you cannot go on finasteride yet so minoxidil is the only option. Dermarolling might also be something to try. Going to a dermatologist is probably the best advice though since they are a professional

ThatYoungGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, I started losing my hair around your age too, but my loss is mainly at the crown and I have an NW2A hairline. Unfortunately like other posters have said you cannot go on finasteride yet so minoxidil is the only option. Dermarolling might also be something to try. Going to a dermatologist is probably the best advice though since they are a professional
What Norwood am I at?

Here For the Lulz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Goddamn that is aggressive at your age. You need to take a long hard look at the situation and decide what you are willing to do to save the hair you have left. Right now, go with minoxidil/dermatologist. It’s eay too early for finasteride, but at least you’ll know whether it’s for you when it becomes a viable option.