Loosing hair from Nizoral?

HairyBerry

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using Nizoral 2% religiously since my hairloss started, about 2 years ago. I use it twice a week. Sometimes I wonder if I was truly getting bald.. I have pratically no recession but I notice that my hair isn't too dense all over and if I comb it forward it looks even less dense.
anyway the thing that bugs me is that more recently I started noticing less density on the sides! (particularly the right side) not the temple area but the whole area from my ears to the top and dandruff as well(I didn't use to get it on that are). I don't know what else might be causing this other than Nizoral. It doesn't really help with my dandruff and I'm wondeing if using it for so long is actually good for the scalp.

leolankins

Reaction score
I just listened to Mark Brassia Regrow Now hair loss show and he said that you can get a prescription from your physician and you can get the 2% Nizoral here in the U.S? Is that true? He also seems convinced that there has been evidence showing that Nizoral does lower DHT. He said that it’s not going to stop your hair loss significantly but it will help with the big three. The problem is that it seems hard to find the 2% online anymore. The other issue is that Nizoral kind of makes your hair a little flat so I mix it with a good thickening shampoo. I took the 2% for a long time and think that it works better then the 1%. I don't think though that you'll lose hair from taking it.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
leolankins said:
I just listened to Mark Brassia Regrow Now hair loss show and he said that you can get a prescription from your physician and you can get the 2% Nizoral here in the U.S? Is that true? He also seems convinced that there has been evidence showing that Nizoral does lower DHT. He said that it’s not going to stop your hair loss significantly but it will help with the big three. The problem is that it seems hard to find the 2% online anymore. The other issue is that Nizoral kind of makes your hair a little flat so I mix it with a good thickening shampoo. I took the 2% for a long time and think that it works better then the 1%. I don't think though that you'll lose hair from taking it.

nizoral 2% has always been available in the u.s. with a prescription.

HairyBerry

Established Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I use apple cider vinegar as well and leave it in after washing with nizoral.

Perhaps it's possible to loose some density on the sides before actual recession at the temples? hopefully not..