Looper: Baldness Anxiety

Islander

Established Member
Reaction score
Good day/evening/night/morning, gentlemen. When I saw this video, I immediately thought of posting it here. What are your thoughts?

[video=youtube;1nxtXwPGSFw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nxtXwPGSFw[/video]

Islander

Established Member
Reaction score
...You gotta be kidding me. Click the little "youtube box" in the bottom right or type the name of it in youtube search.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Lmao funny vid.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Awesome video, thanks!!

beaner

Reaction score
I bet Joseph Gordon Levitt has balding anxiety in real life. He's going to be a Norwood 3 very soon as evidenced by his slicked back hair at the Oscars.

On a side note, someone posted a pic here a couple of years ago and wanted opinions on whether he was balding. The pic looked very much like Joseph Gordon Levitt's forehead and eyes and when someone asked him if that's who he was he never responded and disappeared from the forum.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I bet Joseph Gordon Levitt has balding anxiety in real life. He's going to be a Norwood 3 very soon as evidenced by his slicked back hair at the Oscars.

On a side note, someone posted a pic here a couple of years ago and wanted opinions on whether he was balding. The pic looked very much like Joseph Gordon Levitt's forehead and eyes and when someone asked him if that's who he was he never responded and disappeared from the forum.

Was watching a re-cap of the Oscars and when I saw him I was shocked. Very prominent recession on the right side.

[video=youtube;vK3lD9hwc44]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK3lD9hwc44[/video]

Bad quality video. But still.

kelan

Reaction score
I find the notion of the older man asking his younger self to kill him completely wrong. Only having suffered with years of hair loss would you feel that was the only option. Therefore I would have expected the older guy to return to the past to kill his younger self, so sparing his younger self from experiencing the suffering he had to go through. (Again that would not work because he has killed himself in the past, and therefore cannot come back to kill himself)

Although there are times I feel the same way, there are days where the world couldn't be better!

A

andrew lincoln

I don't know that might just be a mature hair line, it seems like his hair has looked like that for a while now.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
I bet Joseph Gordon Levitt has balding anxiety in real life. [...]

No, he's too busy getting laid and doing great movies (Looper, Inception)

- - - Updated - - -

I thought the video was offensive and not funny at all.

beaner

Reaction score
No, he's too busy getting laid and doing great movies (Looper, Inception)- - - Updated - - -

That certainly doesn't mean he's not worrying about losing hair. Most guys do no matter who they are. No one wants to be bald. Celebrities wouldn't be getting transplants and wearing wigs if their hair loss wasn't a concern to them

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Indeed, being one of the best actors in one's generation doesn't mean anything when it comes to how you handle losing your hair.

I have a great life, awesome friends and girlfriend, university degree, good social skills, not suffering from any other disease (yes hair loss is a disease, a hair follicle is an organ). YET, I'm still worried and very insecure about my hair loss.

I just dont understand why though i understand you want hair but still...you have everything more the some with hair have.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
It's easy, let me explain.

Sometimes it's because of my reflection in a window, in a bus, or places with bright lights... I have this pain in my throat, like someone is choking me, I just can't stand seeing myself like that.

Sometimes, it's people harassing me in public, you saw my thread about what happened to me in a bar of Brussels.

Sometimes, it's just comments, comments from people having no idea of what they're talking about, even comments from close friends.

I'm just tired of being different, and not "good" different, more like "flawed" different. That's why I plan to do one or two FUE's to partially solve the problem.

Well i hope you some how get over it dude those what take the mick are pathetic they are never worth your time they just immature little twats you probably wasnt the first they took the mick out off that day...you shouldnt let those people stop you for feeling happy like you said you have everything enjoy it.

SDK

Established Member
Reaction score
Better treatments will be out within the next few years. Most of us young balders should be able to get back to NW1-2 before the end of our twenties.

Islander

Established Member
Reaction score
Better treatments will be out within the next few years. Most of us young balders should be able to get back to NW1-2 before the end of our twenties.

I bet that's what they said in the 80's & 90's too... We are able to launch men in space, but we can't get one man's hair back to full extent.

SDK

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh, I'm not saying it'll be over with one simple treatment. I mean we'll be able to get back to a solid NW2 and hold it there, but with a lifetime of expensive treatments.

Or, we could just sack up and get on with our lives.

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JGL acknowledges the hair loss "joke" on the commentary for Looper. Hadn't realised he was using some "creative styling" himself!