Looks Like Norwood 3 Has Started What Now?

Gerryneed

My Regimen
Reaction score
well it looks like I have entered the Norwood 3 stage. Pretty crap. Am on propecia for about 8 months now and was going well until about 2 months ago when I started to thin badly and receding enhanced. God knows what caused it but my libido was off the charts for about 4 weeks so starting to blame a faulty batch of tablets. Back to normal now but the itch and sentivity in my scalp is the worst I have ever had which to me is normally a bad sign. Had been put of minoxidil but intend to get some this week. Thankfully the crown is still okay but hate it when people point out the hair loss. Nothing worse

Gerryneed

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_3449.JPG IMG_3445.JPG
Here's a few picks. Is there any going back from this

Gerryneed

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cheers though other than the receding the hair is getting a lot more diffuse all over. Wish to god the itch would stop tried nizoral, tee tree oil etc but nothing clears it

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is going back with a transplant, but if finasteride isn't holding it then it will be of little use.

NW3 truly is the beginning of the end, as that really is the Norwood where hairloss is now officially wrecking your appearance.

growssj3

Established Member
Reaction score
I've read lots of reports where ppl saw results from finasteride in 10-15 months. I dont think you get back to NW2. But holding NW3 with finasteride and maybe strenghten the hair with minoxidil.

Wish you good luck man!

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
LOL.

I'm moving into Norwood 2 territory after having fended it off for about 20 years with the Big Three. If a new treatment doesn't definitively move towards commercialization within the next year, I'll be getting an hair transplant.

NW2? Hair transplant ?

Nahhhh. I want a transplant just to get me back to Norwood 2. Those were the days.

Gerryneed

My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends on how many grafts you get; the more grafts, the more expensive the surgery. An average transplant is around 1500 grafts at about seven pounds/graft.
Cheers probably something I will look at if things worsen.

Gerryneed

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would need to be well researched before making that move as it's a risk/reward issue. But agree it's best to shop around

JHCL1990

Established Member
Reaction score
Honestly, it could be a telogen effluvium caused by a hormonal change which could be caused by finasteride. However, I'd HIGHLY recommend getting on dutasteride and even more highly recommend adding minoxidil 2x per day.

Gerryneed

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, it could be a telogen effluvium caused by a hormonal change which could be caused by finasteride. However, I'd HIGHLY recommend getting on dutasteride and even more highly recommend adding minoxidil 2x per day.
Starting the minoxidil this weekend have 3 months arriving. Will see how that plans out. Was considering telogen effluvium but the pattern id very like traditional AA

JHCL1990

Established Member
Reaction score
Starting the minoxidil this weekend have 3 months arriving. Will see how that plans out. Was considering telogen effluvium but the pattern id very like traditional AA

Obviously I can't say for sure, and don't want to get your hopes up, but I started losing ground on finasteride after a year (further temple recession), then added in dutasteride and it got even worse, but now (after several months on both) it's much, much better and stabilized. I'm sure using minoxidil 2x per day for the last year has helped as well...

Ruby

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
God knows what caused it but my libido was off the charts for about 4 weeks so starting to blame a faulty batch of tablets. Back to normal now but the itch and sentivity in my scalp is the worst I have ever had which to me is normally a bad sign.

Oh crap, I hate to point this out, but those are the same signs others here have reported when they started having such symptoms consistent with upregulation / reflex hyperandrogenicity :(

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/hair-loss-faq/reflex-hyperandrogenicity.php

Gerryneed

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh crap, I hate to point this out, but those are the same signs others here have reported when they started having such symptoms consistent with upregulation / reflex hyperandrogenicity :(

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/hair-loss-faq/reflex-hyperandrogenicity.php
Let's hope not but yes this would be inline with my experience. Libido nas normalised now so hopefully it was a one off surge. Have started the minoxidil though only once a day until I can get the right pattern.
On a similar note has anyone experienced lover abdominal pain on finasteride. This is only at night