Looking Into Hair Replacement System

Valentin1982

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all! Im 36 and have been losing my hair steady for about 10 years now. I hate seeing my photos as my forehead keeps getting higher and higher:(

Im looking for recommendations on hair systems. Im active and play sports/workout so i was thinking something that i could take on and off? What are the active guys using that sweat alot? Im fine with just wearing a hat to gym but in public i would like to always wear the system.

Also salon or DIY? I was thinking starting with a salon and then moving into DIY?

I did have 1 consultation so far and they recommend ahesive but online i see some people use adhesive on the exposed hairlines... is that something done daily or you would leave on for sleep shower ect?

Thanks for your advice

Valentin1982

My Regimen
Reaction score
* correction- they recommend tape all around. Online i saw they use adhesive on exposed hairline and tape the rest.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all! Im 36 and have been losing my hair steady for about 10 years now. I hate seeing my photos as my forehead keeps getting higher and higher:(

Im looking for recommendations on hair systems. Im active and play sports/workout so i was thinking something that i could take on and off? What are the active guys using that sweat alot? Im fine with just wearing a hat to gym but in public i would like to always wear the system.

Also salon or DIY? I was thinking starting with a salon and then moving into DIY?

I did have 1 consultation so far and they recommend ahesive but online i see some people use adhesive on the exposed hairlines... is that something done daily or you would leave on for sleep shower ect?

Thanks for your advice

I'm a gym regular and sweat a lot too. I asked the same questions that you asked couple months ago before I place an order my first hair system. You can definitely workout, play sports, cycling, .... while wearing the hair system. The glues & tapes are surprisingly strong and need to use special solvents to get it fully off from my scalp. I felt strange and a bit uncomfortable when I first wearing the hairpiece. Couple days later after I get used to wearing and I can go back to all my normal task such as: gym, cycling with helmet,snowboarding, camping, hiking.....etc (without my baseball cap). I think I can do kite-boarding and water ski during summer without worry about the hair system get loose or unsecured. I wear french lace system because it is breathable. I also bought a thin skin system but haven't have chance to try it yet.

This is my recently post:
My first DIY hair system experience

Quit using blow dryer for my hair system

Walker tape 1522 review/ Cleanup so much easier

Hope this help.

Last edited: