Looking Into A System. Question About Bio Hair

Leauxi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys.
So I'm pretty rapidly thinning on top & I've decided I'll probably need to get a system relatively soon.
I'm hoping to get away with a partial, just for the front, but my issue is that I have pretty weird bio hair - it's very coarse & wiry..

What options do I have?
Bit concerned not even a full topper will look right by contrast

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys.
So I'm pretty rapidly thinning on top & I've decided I'll probably need to get a system relatively soon.
I'm hoping to get away with a partial, just for the front, but my issue is that I have pretty weird bio hair - it's very coarse & wiry..

What options do I have?
Bit concerned not even a full topper will look right by contrast

They make systems will all sorts of curl, best to show a photo... and also, what style are you trying to achieve?

I had a client with "wiry" hair, that he hated... the answer was to clip the back and side hair really short (fade) and shaved the entire top... this allowing him a different hair texture in the system (curls) that blended well with the sides.

Steve

Leauxi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Steve

So this is the hair im working with & also the style I'm hoping to achieve

Cheers for the reply
IMG_20200918_180540_331~2.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200918-181255.jpg
    Screenshot_20200918-181255.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 132

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,

Thanks for the photos... so you hair is not so frizzy, but it is a bit coarse. It also appears to be quite thick... maybe except for the thinning bits that I can't see.

Your color (which will need to be checked) looks to be a #6 or a #7... with some lighter highlights in the front.

So the good news in, this is a color that may companies DO have in stock (LOL, at least we do), however if you want something NOW... you will probably need to either buy a full sized unit (8x10 or 7x9) depending on how wide your hairline needs to be, and then cut it to fit. Or... send in a template, and have them cut it to fit (more expensive, less chance of you mucking it up).

That style is totally doable, BTW. You do know that an exposed hairline is more work.... but. am guessing that since you want a front partial, and not do a comb-forward... you realize that.

You will probably want to go with a higher density than I would usually suggest that most guys start with (I tend to push med-light) and go medium or more (100% or 110%) even.

Best of luck,

We are always here to answer your questions.

Steve

Leauxi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,

Thanks for the photos... so you hair is not so frizzy, but it is a bit coarse. It also appears to be quite thick... maybe except for the thinning bits that I can't see.

Your color (which will need to be checked) looks to be a #6 or a #7... with some lighter highlights in the front.

So the good news in, this is a color that may companies DO have in stock (LOL, at least we do), however if you want something NOW... you will probably need to either buy a full sized unit (8x10 or 7x9) depending on how wide your hairline needs to be, and then cut it to fit. Or... send in a template, and have them cut it to fit (more expensive, less chance of you mucking it up).

That style is totally doable, BTW. You do know that an exposed hairline is more work.... but. am guessing that since you want a front partial, and not do a comb-forward... you realize that.

You will probably want to go with a higher density than I would usually suggest that most guys start with (I tend to push med-light) and go medium or more (100% or 110%) even.

Best of luck,

We are always here to answer your questions.

Steve
Yeah it is quite thick, I used to have the tendency to grow a blonde afro lol - had to straighten the s*** out of it once upon a time.
Mainly the front is going very thin but if I can't find a partial to match then so be it...

Really appreciate the help Steve,
Glad I can potentially wear that style

Thanks very much :)

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Leauxi that's very interesting that you put a pic of Josh up.... he goes to the same salon as me and is very good friends with the stylist. In the past I've also asked for the same style as him. It's a partially exposed hairline but the style is easy to maintain.

Looking at your hair, it does seem too early to get a system and you might find that it's a lot of hassle to take on right now. Hard to tell though without seeing the frontal section you're looking to replace.

Your pic shows so much hair, that I thought you already had a system on :D

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are really not that far gone to get a hair system from the looks of it, i suggest other treatment options instead, but if you are more comfortable with wearing a system then that is fine.