looking into a hair transplant need advice i live in NY

MARTINSTERN

Established Member
Reaction score
ok so this is my situation,

im on finasteride, and minoxidil and ive basically stopped my hairloss, for now anyway,

got minimal hair regrowth but am keeping what i have,

so i want to look into a hair transplant,

my hairloss is basically overall thinning, and a little frontline recession,

what i would want to do, is thicken up the top of my head, and fix up my hairline a little, nothing drastic, i front since its not that bad, and i dont want to take any chances, but i want thicker hair overall on top,

my hair in back for the donate site is very thick, so i dont think ill have an issue with that,

what are my best options, as far as type of hair transplant, and dr in NY preferably?

sc64

Reaction score
MARTINSTERN said:
what are my best options, as far as type of hair transplant, and dr in NY preferably?

I would go to Dr.Feller or Dorin in N.Y. and see what they had to say,sounds like your hair loss is not that bad and see if fue would be the way to go.if you are just thinning on top and still have a good bit you might be asked to shave your head so the doctor can get a better idea where to put the grafts around the hair you have to help knock out any shock loss you may or may not have.

Naltima

Established Member
Reaction score
MARTINSTERN said:
in what way is dr feller considered the best?

does he specialize in a certain area?

He gets consistently great results and many members on this forum will vouch for him. Plus he is an honest and ethical human being, so you won't get screwed over by him. He also had a transplant himself, not that it matters, but it's worth knowing.

His hairlines aren't that great, but since frontal recession is not an issue according to the original post he is your best bet if you don't want to travel.

MARTINSTERN

Established Member
Reaction score
the truth is i do need some hairline work, now that im looking in detail,

also my question is, if finasteride seems to be working for me, should i expect that my hair transplant will not fall out over time?

also what to people think of

armani

hasson & wong

dr avind,

from pics ive seen they seem to get better results than feller?

El Nino

Established Member
Reaction score
DO NOT LET LOCATION BE A FACTOR.

Dr. Rahal does consultations in NY and Ottawa isn't very far. Look into ALL the options, he is definitely worth a consult.

Good luck.

El Nino

Established Member
Reaction score
DO NOT LET LOCATION BE A FACTOR.

Dr. Rahal does consultations in NY and Ottawa isn't very far. Look into ALL the options, he is definitely worth a consult.

Good luck.