Looking For The Best Hair Transplant Doctor In Thailand Asia

whatever1

Reaction score
Hello dear HairLossTalk.com community

Long time lurker, first time poster, I would like to have some feedback on hair transplant in thailand.( especially in Chiang Mai, or Bangkok, I dont really mind honestly the city, I really would like the best clinic in this country/area)

What attracts me in Thailand is that it is very cheap and it is reputable, and I will spend some time there in the coming months.
I searched on the forum and found this site : http://www.thaihairclinic.com/index.php .

Anybody went there?Thoughts on Dr. Suradej Pong?
Who are the good doctors in this country?What can you recommend me?
Any feed back is greatly appreciated.

2 words on my background, and regimen:I am from Europe and I am actually pretty young ( mid twenties), started losing my hair on the temple at 17 I think.
Now I have the same pattern as Jude Law, but my forelock(not sure abt the word) is pretty thin, and doesnt really grow anymore..

My dad started losing his hair in his 40ies( hes prolly a Nw4, with no hair loss in the back, just the front), he had reaally nice hair before, and I have basically the pattern he has now in my twenties.( a bit less advanced obviously)

I'm still a confident guy, still have complements from girls for how I look like/dress etc .
I have middle length thick hair, and I can cover my receding hair line pretty well, although it requires some time in the morning.

Started meds a year ago ( after reading your forum who helped me a lot I must say with the success stories)and it looks obviously better ( I only lose my hair in the front, not in the back)
It has maintain and thicken nicely, not really grow back but honestly I had some libido pb with propecia, and I feel I had some pb maintaining an erection ( a few moment of distraction and that can be enough)

Minoxidil helped me thickening my hair but it's a bit annoying to apply it in the morning , because after applying, I just can't style my hair..

So yes, I know I am still young for a hair transplant, but I think it can restore my hairline pretty well (and I want to have long hair again!) and Im ok getting another hair transplant if I need to.

Im sorry for my bad english, it is not my first language, and sorry if I posted a bit of my story in this section, I hope you dont mind.

Good luck to you all fighting the MBP

Thanks for you input and for reading.

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
You are young and started losing hair at 17. That is bad. Its possible that your hairloss progresses much more. Have you had a consult with any doctor yet?
If you must go for a transplant, I will advise you to go for fue. Do not get stripped.
Dr. Arvind Poswal in Delhi (India) and Dr. Woods in Australia are the only good fue doctors I know about in Asia and nearby.

whatever1

Reaction score
@devender: yes, I started losing my hair early( but slow progress) and went to a doctor a year and a half ago, told me to take propecia, and he said my hair wasnt that bad and the meds should 'do the job'.

Thanks for the tip,indeed FUE seems to give good results ( scars arent really convenient) and I will do research on these surgeons.

Petchsky said:
The only doctor I have seen proven results from in in Thailand is Dr Pathomvanich.

See here for some patient blogs

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/bl ... p?DrID=502

Thanks, was thinking to go there as well.
I hope he does FUE, will start my research on him asap as well (email etc) and I will try to give some updates.

@ casperz congrats on your story, may you success continue,it really help people to see other having success with their regimen. :)

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@ casperz congrats on your story, may you success continue,it really help people to see other having success with their regimen.

thanks man, there were many here that came before me that helped me.

m0rpheus

Reaction score
Did you find out anymore about Thailand hair transplant. I want to get a FUE done over there. The doctors in Australia seem twice the price and not that good.

Dr. Suradej Pong seems well priced but does not do FUE

I am awaiting a quote from DR Pathomvanich

Anyone else ova there?

HairLossGuru

Reaction score
To whatever 1...Being 35, I would suggest without taking an oral DHT lowering medicine (5 alpha reductase inhibitor such as finasteride) I would expect that even with a hair transplant to restore your hairline, you will continue to experience hair loss behind your transplanted hair. This could lead to an dissatisfying result for you in another few years time because of the unusual look of a denser hairline with male pattern hair loss behind your grafted hair. As long as you still have available donor hair, you can have another transplant and perhaps another further down the track.

The point I am making is that I would suggest that you consider these factors before you jump into getting a transplant and plan the next 20 years or so, in order that you dont regret what you have done. So its either take the 5 alpha reductase inhibitor and get your FUE or plan for whats coming in the near future with further hair minaturization behind your transplanted frontal hair. So you need to know roughly how many FUE grafts can be taken out from your back and sides before you proceed to choose how many you will need of that number for your first transplant. You will probably need 2 transplants normally spaced a year or more apart to cover any one area to achieve good density. But remember you have a limited number of grafts that can be transplanted with FUE depending on factors such as initial density and the difficulty with extracting each hair with FUE differs from patient to patient. It may be 6000 or maybe 10 000 grafts. Take a look at some before and after photos with the number of grafts used to get some idea of how many you will need to cover the surface area that is balding to achieve the density you want. A lot of case studies only begin to look good after 3000 hairs or more have been transplanted. This of course is largely effected by the thickness of each individual hair as well the percentage of grafted hairs that take...

In choosing an FUE surgeon, I would suggest that you are going to find there is a lot variability in competence there. I would also suggest that you choose a surgeon who does megasessions being capable of normally extracting 1000 or more grafts per day as you do not want your follicles to be subjected to the stress of multiple days of surgery just to get to 2 or 3 thousand grafts. You also need to see that the surgeon has done a few thousand patients and knows how to angle hairs following a somewhat forward angle at the front instead up vertical etc as well as being able to give you a natural hairline otherwise you may be very dissatisfied with the result. I would suggest that the you need to check how the insertion is made (with a scapel or a more precise device).

I am not sure that thailand is a good choice for this particular form of surgery as I researched thailand for fue competence about 4 years and could only find one doctor who had only a very limited expereince in FUE... as the practice by surgeons was FUT or strip at the time. Its 4 years on so it may be different but I would guess it wont be a lot different. I know that Woods is a pioneer in the field but would not recommend him as I researched him and was disatisfied with his procedure on a number of levels and feel that others have taken the procedure to a new level extending its efficacy in a quantum fashion.

If there is anything else you would like my take on ...feel free to ask.

keepinthehair

Established Member
Reaction score
If wanna get a Thailiand girl like that dude, Damn she is young and so good looking. She is so hot, I love that exotic look. Oh, hair transplant or something. Damn, I am moving to Thailand. He has an appt there. Wonder what he does for a living, just dating girl after girl with the new hair doo.