Looking For Recommendations For Replacement System

funkymunky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there,

I currently have a full head Swiss lace system made with Indian Remi human hair. I've been wearing the system for about three weeks, and during that time have removed, cleaned and re-attached twice due to issues with Ghostbond Supreme not adhering firmly. I have now switched to Ghostbond XL and will trial this. However, in the process of removing, cleaning and re-attaching the system I have found that the edges of the lace are already fraying. I have read that Swiss lace systems have the most natural hairline, but I'm concerned that replacing the system with another one the same will result in a similarly short life-span. Could anybody please suggest an alternative which might provide a similarly natural hairline but might last longer.

Many thanks in advance.

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Funkymunky

Fraying is normal with lace, and you can usually just trim the frayed bits off. In my personal opinion Swiss lace is the best base material, and you shouldn't give up on it because of a bit of fraying. It is inevitable that you will be a bit harder on your systems at the start when you are experimenting with different adhesives and picking up the techniques. Basically undetectability and robustness are inversely proportional to one another - the more robust the more detectable, and vice versa.

But if you feel you must change, as I expect you already know, French lace is a bit more robust and offers a pretty similar degree of undetectability.

Noah

funkymunky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Funkymunky

Fraying is normal with lace, and you can usually just trim the frayed bits off. In my personal opinion Swiss lace is the best base material, and you shouldn't give up on it because of a bit of fraying. It is inevitable that you will be a bit harder on your systems at the start when you are experimenting with different adhesives and picking up the techniques. Basically undetectability and robustness are inversely proportional to one another - the more robust the more detectable, and vice versa.

But if you feel you must change, as I expect you already know, French lace is a bit more robust and offers a pretty similar degree of undetectability.

Noah

Hi Noah,

Thanks so much for your reply and advice. It is a complete learning curve I have to say. After deciding to go the diy route I seem to have made all my mistakes all in one day. I trimmed the fraying lace (too much), clipped the sides and back of my hair (too much) and now my system looks like I'm wearing a hat! So it's going to be a baseball hat for a while until I order a new one. I will try the French lace this time as I have heard that the skin kind is more noticeable than lace. So here goes....

Thanks again
Anthony

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Fraying Swiss lace is normal and the great thing about lace is trimming it a mm or two back every so often - thats why ordering with half some front lace is a good idea.

I tend to avoid liquid glue and go with roll and contour tape.