Looking For Options In San Francisco

Thinking-replacement

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m 26 and I live in San Francisco. Ideally I’m looking for a salon that’ll just do everything for me, but I can’t seem to find a good one. The two I found are:

HairClub: terrible reviews

New Hair for Men and Women: extremely outdated website and only 2 total blurry pictures across their website and yelp

Does anyone have any good recommendations for the area? A couple other questions I had about vernacular around here:

- Does “cut in” imply cutting the piece to fit your head and gluing it and all or just giving it a haircut?
- how do I go about getting a custom piece? Where do I go to do that and what information do I give?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Take a look at the list below:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/nor...-of-cut-in-providers-stylists-list-t2012.html

A cut in generally includes preparing your scalp (shaving the thin hair), and applying the system, as well as the haircut, and style.

As for where to go and what to do. My suggestion is to find a salon that does hair replacement, and have a general idea of what you want to attain. Maybe bring in an old pic of yourself, when you had a full head of hair. They should be able to guide you as to what to get. They should ask questions about lifestyle (sports, gym, etc).

Understand that a hair system will slightly limit the styles you can achieve. You can't do a short crewcut or buzzcut. You can, however, achieve all sorts of fades, and undercuts, depending on your current hair situation.

I did the salon route, and I am really glad I did. My hair density is weird, as well as my color (grey in front, brown in back). I could not have figured out what I needed without them.

In my case, I even travelled a great distance to get it done (included vacation) since I didn't trust anyone locally. Now I order from my vendor online and have a local stylist who does the cut in (I do my own application, and go in with a hat).

Once you have your first system, doing your own maintenance is easy. And you can even find someone to cut your hair around the system (or do it yourself).

Thinking-replacement

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Take a look at the list below:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/nor...-of-cut-in-providers-stylists-list-t2012.html

A cut in generally includes preparing your scalp (shaving the thin hair), and applying the system, as well as the haircut, and style.

As for where to go and what to do. My suggestion is to find a salon that does hair replacement, and have a general idea of what you want to attain. Maybe bring in an old pic of yourself, when you had a full head of hair. They should be able to guide you as to what to get. They should ask questions about lifestyle (sports, gym, etc).

Understand that a hair system will slightly limit the styles you can achieve. You can't do a short crewcut or buzzcut. You can, however, achieve all sorts of fades, and undercuts, depending on your current hair situation.

I did the salon route, and I am really glad I did. My hair density is weird, as well as my color (grey in front, brown in back). I could not have figured out what I needed without them.

In my case, I even travelled a great distance to get it done (included vacation) since I didn't trust anyone locally. Now I order from my vendor online and have a local stylist who does the cut in (I do my own application, and go in with a hat).

Once you have your first system, doing your own maintenance is easy. And you can even find someone to cut your hair around the system (or do it yourself).

Yeah I saw that list, that's where I found New Hair for Men and Women. I guess I could check them out, just their website is absolutely pitiful.

I wonder if there are any normal barber shops that'll do cut ins?