Looking For Non Toxic Adhesive Tape. Anyone?

HairpieceScholar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dear all,

there has been already some discussion about the chemicals used to make adhesive tape glue on the scalp . Existing discussions do not reveal much about products that are safe (eg not containing Toluene).

My current understanding is that all the mail order businesses are purchasing large volumes of tape somewhere in China and then just sell it to us. Of course, there is no specification attached. This does not encourage trust in the products safety.

Can anyone recommend an adhesive tape that is safe and is certified in some way (eg as surgical tape). The 3M tape I found on Hairdirect is only one sided.

I would appreciate your support.

Thank you very much.

Best regards
HPH

Jimbo5

Established Member
Reaction score
Hope you're not holding your breath waiting for those recommendations, 'Scholar.

Nothing but tumbleweeds blowing thru this section of the board lately...

Noah

Reaction score
Don't mind Jimbo; he is our resident version of Statler and Waldorf, but without the charm.

I have no special knowledge about chemistry or medicine, but I think you can be reasonable confident if you buy one of the Western brands like Walker that the products are safe and contain what they are supposed to. I use Walkers 3-mil and Walkers No-Shine, and have never had any problems.

Chinese companies have a terrible product safety record, so I agree that buying no-name brand Chinese adhesives would be a mistake.

Last edited: