Looking For New Minoxidil Solution Product

DHT_Blocker

Reaction score
Apparently ds laboratories is going under? I've used their products for years but now everything is "sold out."

Used spectral dnc-l for years until it was discontinued--best minoxidil solution product available at the time.

Used spectral dnc-n for years until it was (just recently) discontinued--also the best minoxidil solution product available at the time.

Now I don't even know what is available. Could anyone suggest a minoxidil-based product to me? I did the whole "randomly browsing google" thing the last time spectral dnc-l was discontinued, to no avail. Everything I found was either incredibly sketchy, totally unverifiable, or only lasted a few months until they too became "sold out."

Not looking for shills or anything, just honestly asking what is out there and available. Like I've said, I've been searching for liquid or cream-based solutions that include minoxidil as their primary ingredient. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd try calling their customer service line. They r pretty responsive.

Did spectral dnc-n give u any regrowth?

This is the problem with these "boutique" minoxidil products. They can change the formula (they already have several times with revita) or discontinue it. That's one of the reasons why it's hard leaving plain old minoxidil.

DHT_Blocker

Reaction score
No regrowth with spectral dnc-n, but I use it on my hairline, so I didn't expect any. It does however provide excellent maintenance.

I started noticing my hairline receding when I was 14. By the time I was 23 I had the large "horse shoe" shaped hairline. I started using spectral dnc-l and immediately my hairline stabilized. I'm 31 now and my hairline has receded almost imperceptibly in all the years since.

The reason it's unlikely that anyone would receive regrowth on the hairline, is because once you notice that your hairline has receded, all that's left behind is bare skin. You can't regrow hair when there's no hair follicles present. Unlike say, the crown of your head, in which case when you notice it's thinning, there's still plenty of shrunken follicles there that can be regrown.

I will give them a call. Hope they're not going under. Otherwise it's back to browsing google for some random minoxidil solution...

Tonixity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Go Kirkland minoxidil liquid like everyone else ... or you can go regenepure spray. Why not those brands?

DHT_Blocker

Reaction score
Yeah, I already have some 5% kirkland, will use it sparingly because it gives me a lot of itching and burning. I also contacted ds labs and they said their production is struggling because of hurricane Irma. So Kirkland will be a stop gap for me until then.

Tonixity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I already have some 5% kirkland, will use it sparingly because it gives me a lot of itching and burning. I also contacted ds labs and they said their production is struggling because of hurricane Irma. So Kirkland will be a stop gap for me until then.
Have you tried foam? Maybe you're allergic/sensitive to the alcohol in it, which does not exist in the foam.

Tonixity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Speaking of which I do Kirkland minoxidil 5% liquid once a day (1.4ml) on all the top of my head. Is that enough or should i do twice a day instead?

CharlieSays

My Regimen
Reaction score
I generally mostly use generic minoxdil products but from the 'branded' ones I liked Lipogaines very much. Good for the morning application as it doesn't show as much in your hair and scalp.