Looking for long time finasteride users that switched to Dutasteride

jonny21

Reaction score
Looking for long time finasteride users that switched to Dutasteride. Specifically those that had success for a while on finasteride, then switched to dutasteride after finasteride stopped working. I'm thinking of switching to dutasteride, I was a great responder to finasteride but not anymore. I need a little convincing.

Sean68

Reaction score
well duts undoubtedly the most obvious and probably the best option. if
you responded to finasteride then you should theoretically get even better
results from dutasteride.

have i swayed you now? :)

jonny21

Reaction score
Yeah, thanks alot. I'll be ordering my dutasteride soon and eventually getting off of the finasteride. I plan on still taking finasteride for at least a few months and taking dutasteride 3 days a week. Then most likely switching to dutasteride by itself.

bopper

Reaction score
Re: Looking for long time finasteride users that switched to Dutaste

jonny21 said:
Looking for long time finasteride users that switched to Dutasteride. Specifically those that had success for a while on finasteride, then switched to dutasteride after finasteride stopped working. I'm thinking of switching to dutasteride, I was a great responder to finasteride but not anymore. I need a little convincing.

I took finasteride for nine years and then switched to dutasteride. I've lost a lot of hair since I started dutasteride. But my existing hairs are stonger. I started off still taking propecia while taking dutasteride for a month, then switched on only dutasteride for the 2nd month. And starting month 3, I began taking both dutasteride and finasteride again. I think depending on what Norwood stage you are, be ready to shed a lot of hair when taking dutasteride. Be ready to stick it out for a least a year, no matter how much you shed.

Also, I started taking dutasteride only three times week like you plan on doing. I think now that was a mistake and I should have started just taking it everyday. Why not just take it every day, and if you have side effects then you can lower your dosage.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
I am having a hard time keeping it together, after all of the loss that I have experienced as a result of starting dutasteride. I am at month 4 i think but I am gonna hang in there.