Looking for best Saw Plametto / beta sis.

regrowing_hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I heard from lotta ppl that SP topical mite be effective and I am not sure is saw palmetto or Beta Sis which is active or effective in blocking DHT. I used Revivogen Topical for 2 days and boy its smells so strong I cannot use it anymore. Please suggest me a topical SP(SP or Beta which ever is effective) prodcut. Also can I use Min, Trimcon and SP topical evry night? If yes what is the best procedure to follow in terms of time intervals. Thanks in advance.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Have you ever looked into super zix. it's cheap, you make it at home, and saw palmetto is one of the ingredients.

As far as what you're using now, I'd go with:

minoxidil in the am and before bed;
tricomin around dinner time,

As far as a topical saw palmetto thingy, I mix saw in w/ polysorbate 80 and rub it into my scalp about 15 minutes prior to shampooing. I also use it 2x daily as part of the super zix formula. Too soon to tell if it's going to any great help though. Leastwise - it's not doing me any harm.

regrowing_hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Hair_tomorrow. I stilll didnt get SP or Bitasis which is active ingredient and can I get buy it. Is poly80 is bitasis? Please I need help from u guys...

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
regrowing_hair said:
Thanks for the reply Hair_tomorrow. I stilll didnt get SP or Bitasis which is active ingredient and can I get buy it. Is poly80 is bitasis? Please I need help from u guys...
\

Hello again - didn't mean to ignore you - but I lost track of this thread. sorry.

If I understand your question correctly , No, Polysorbate and Beta-Sitosterol are two different things.

I don't use Beta-sitosterol as a topical - but I do take it daily as an internal.

I'm not really recommending the polysorbate 80 to anybody - I've been using it for about 5 months now, and I add some saw palmetto to it just for the hell of it. I only apply it about 15 minutes before shampooing in the morning - so it's a real "no-sweat" topical.

If you're interested, here's where I get my stuff:

Beta-Sitosterol: http://www.vitacost.com/NSIPhytosterolC ... sitosterol

Ploysorbate 80:
http://www.puritan.com/pages/file.asp?x ... D=859&np=1

Saw-Palmetto:
http://www.puritan.com/pages/file.asp?x ... D=302&np=1

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
zackb said:
hair tomorrow what do you think of the Polysorbate...is it worth getting?

Hi Zack - well I had to get some anyway as it's one of the ingredients for SuperZix. When I ordered it, I hit a "3 for 1" sale at puritan.com. So I ended up w/ (3) 8oz bottles for $11.

As you only need a few drops of the stuff for SuperZix I figured, why not go whole hog?

It already contains niacin, biotin and oleic (sp?) acid and I just added the saw palmetto (also a 3 for 1 sale from puritan).

Is it worth it?

Financially - yes. Very inexpensive. The stuff is supposed to have some minimal regrowth properties, in addition to conditioning your scalp to have other topicals ultimately absorb better. Plus the fact that you only keep it on your scalp for 5 - 15 minutes makes it very convenient.

As far as topicals go - it's a pretty easy one. I kicked up my regimen pretty high beginning this fall - and the polysorbate 80 is just one thing I added. I think it's OK. For me - not a miracle cure - but just another weapon in the arsenal.