Looking For A No Pg, Low Or No Alchohol Minoxidil?

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Im coming to the conclusion i may be sensitive to PG and heavy alcohol formulas. im from UK and struggling to find something good at a decent price :(

I have tried the foam and i believe it also irritated my scalp too.

I noticed when I used spectral.dnc.n it didn't irritate my scalp and the ingredients in that are AQUA/WATER/EAU, ALCOHOL DENAT, GLYCERIN, RETINOL.

is there any formulas i could try?

scaredaf

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im coming to the conclusion i may be sensitive to PG and heavy alcohol formulas. im from UK and struggling to find something good at a decent price :(

I have tried the foam and i believe it also irritated my scalp too.

I noticed when I used spectral.dnc.n it didn't irritate my scalp and the ingredients in that are AQUA/WATER/EAU, ALCOHOL DENAT, GLYCERIN, RETINOL.

is there any formulas i could try?

What about oral minoxidil?

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you will struggle to find it, what brands have you tried so far?
i use morr-f (from ebay) and its very affordabler but contains alcohol..

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think you will struggle to find it, what brands have you tried so far?
i use morr-f (from ebay) and its very affordabler but contains alcohol..

i'm using kirkland right now. i believe i tried one of the foams sometime ago and got an itch also, so i'm sensitive to something, im trying to figure out what it is.

Last edited:

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There are 2 options i found, but both are from america and cost quite abit extra for delivery and may take up to 3 weeks to get to me sadly. one is EssenGen-5 NO PG FAST DRY and the other is Aquagain for Men that has no PG or alcohol in it.

I wish there were more accessible options for me

Last edited:

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, Neddy sorry to hear about your situation. I just got done battling an inflamed scalp from Rogaine and Kirkland plus Nizoral. I think I accidentally dried out my scalp way too much and ended up losing a ton of hair due to the added inflammation or minoxidil shedding but at this point, I have no idea because I used these products for 2 - 2.5 months and know there's supposed to be an initial shed. The Rogaine is what I started with which has butane, propane, alcohol and other stuff that makes me uncomfortable and Kirkland has obviously PG. The second I stopped Rogaine, Kirkland, and Nizoral my hair loss reduced significantly. However, I am still hoping for regrowth because after 4 years on Finasteride DHT seems to be overpowering my hair slightly. Anyways, I am now using Lipogaine for men (sensitive), Laser therapy, and Finasteride. I know you are in the UK, looking for something with minimum alcohol and for a decent price. I only see ethanol in the Lipogaine and other stuff that seems safe or good for hair. Unfortunately, I haven't used Lipogaine long enough to swear by it, but if you don't mind the price, it could be an option. The Lipogaine kinda smells like sanitizer wipes, but nowhere near as alcoholic as Rogaine.

Here is the link to the UK seller: https://www.lipogaine.co.uk/product/lipogaine-for-men-sensitive

There is also a messaging button in the bottom right in case you have any questions.

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Sadly I have tried the lipogaine (sensitive) and I got chest pains from it and rapid irregular heart beat. So I don't think it would be a good Idea for me to try again. Especially after last time.

I bought Aquagain minoxidil 5% recently and tried it. It's claimed to have no alcohol or PG... Overall My scalp still seems to be inflammed/irritated and looks like a thin mess.

Somewhere along the way something has really messed my scalp up but I ain't sure what it is.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, Neddy I feel your pain man I am starting to believe that I and you have skin that is naturally on the dryer side. I believe either the minoxidil dries our skin more causing increased inflammation resulting in further hair loss or we are just simply allergic to the actual minoxidil. I plan on getting patch tested to see if I am allergic to minoxidil at all. Have you lost hair throughout your entire scalp like on the sides back and top? I will let you know what my results are when I go in for the allergy test seeing as how our situations seem very similar.