Looking For A Good Shampoo And Conditioner

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there. I don't have much experience with them but from researching online, those two you've mentioned come up quite a bit. The Pura D'or seems a bit pricey for me. Also, there's Revita, Revivogen, Lipogaine and others. I've recently bought Foligain which has minoxidil, trioxidil and 1% keto. Have only used it a couple of times so can't report as to effectiveness yet. I just ordered Avalon Organics shampoo having read someone's post on here. It has biotin and sounds like a good nourishing shampoo. Again, haven't tried it yet. It seems from what I've read you need maybe a shampoo that will cleanse and keep scalp clear of DHT etc. and also something that will nourish your hair. That's why I've basically gone for Nizoral once a week as it's a given, Foligain once a week and will be using the Avalon once a week to help nourish. Some people use conditioners too. Most brands seem to do both side by side.

bryan0781

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I am looking for some good shampoo and conditioner for maintaining my hair. I already use Nizoral 2%, every 3 days and need something to go well with it so I am looking for something without ketoconazole and without any harsh chemicals like sulfates, parabenes or silicons. Any recommendation, from my research I thought of Regenepure NT or Pura D'or Gold shampoos and the related conditioners, Regenepure conditioner seems to be a little bit better as it has Biotin. Anyone has any experience with these products or can recommend better alternatives?
hi , i use nizoral also and i was looking for the best shampoo to use in addition to nizoral on the off days that i dont use it.I experimented with atleast 15 - 20 different hair loss shampoos over the years. The one im using now for the last 2 years is ikumou. Its a japanese hair loss shampoo.I always liked japanese products known for their high quality like my toshiba laptop or my nissan automobile.I started using it and i noticed a huge improvement to my hair.It could not have been the nizoral because i didnt get any such big improvement with nizoral. Still i didnt want to take a chance and stop the nizoral.The ikumou which i get on ebay has flat out stopped my hair loss and re grown hair in the back and crown spot where i was balding.Like i said this is why i love japanese products

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hi , i use nizoral also and i was looking for the best shampoo to use in addition to nizoral on the off days that i dont use it.I experimented with atleast 15 - 20 different hair loss shampoos over the years. The one im using now for the last 2 years is ikumou. Its a japanese hair loss shampoo.I always liked japanese products known for their high quality like my toshiba laptop or my nissan automobile.I started using it and i noticed a huge improvement to my hair.It could not have been the nizoral because i didnt get any such big improvement with nizoral. Still i didnt want to take a chance and stop the nizoral.The ikumou which i get on ebay has flat out stopped my hair loss and re grown hair in the back and crown spot where i was balding.Like i said this is why i love japanese products
Do you have photos?

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't use nizoral at all anymore since it treated the dandruff/itch for me. I have moved on to Regenepure DR 3ish days a week, sometimes more. It has keto too, but a less amount to make sure you don't get the dandruff and itch back. Outside of that I use Hanz De Fuko shampoo + conditioner.

Emirus

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey!

I’ve been using a certain brand and have seen some significant hair growth. No parabens, sulfates, DEA/MEA, phthalates, PEG, phenoxyethanol, ethanol, petrochemicals, glutens, harsh salt systems, harmful colors, and harmful frangrances. I can give you more information if you’re interested!

Emily