Looking At Trying Minoxidil Can Anyone Help

Lisa James

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm looking at trying minoxidil and have been on steroid lotion for the last 6months.will I need something more than 5% and also where can I get it in the UK? I am currently looking at a states site to buy but have no clue any one have any ideas please I have Alopecia areata

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm looking at trying minoxidil and have been on steroid lotion for the last 6months.will I need something more than 5% and also where can I get it in the UK? I am currently looking at a states site to buy but have no clue any one have any ideas please I have Alopecia areata

I don't have areata

I know when the Dr was unsure if I had areata she wanted me to use more (cant remember if strength vs times a day) then for androgenic...i use 5% foam 1x a day--I am in States so its sold everywhere cheaply.

I would consult a Dr about the strength

OR

Go to a Facebook group called 'Alopecia areata' its a pretty big global group that they give a lot of information and feedback to one another.

Snick92008

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have eyelash ,brow and temple hair loss called frontal fibrosing alopecia. I've had a biopsy to verify this autoimmune/hormone related condition. Weight out the side effects of any treatment first! Minoxidil can cause fall out at a greater rate than it can regrow & the new hair is often coarser and even a different color.

Daily topical steroid solution can cause about a 7 lb. or more weight gain.

Steroid injections can leave dents in the head.

Finasteride oral pill can cause sexual dysfunction in men. Females?

Castor oil treatments have no side effects stimulates eyebrow and eyelash growth too.

Mederma PM has no side effects. It contains onion which stimulates hair growth & reduces redness if you have scarring alopecia.

I make a finasteride topical solution with 3 pills, 1 shot glass of filtered water, 1 shot glass of witch hazel, 4 tsp. 5% minoxidil and 1/2 tsp. of a spf 50. I put it in a larger dropper bottle & mix a fresh batch every week. Apply & massage in 2x daily. I have not experienced fall out and have seen some new growth after 2 months.