looking at the mirror is not right

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just let me express my deep thoughts after 1.5 year on regaine 5%, but especially after hours and hours of having in mind the baldness problem. When we look at the mirror and stylish our hair we forget one thing: That we judge our faces with the strictest criteria. So we have the tension to think that our baldness is much bigger than it really is. We also forget that our eyes go directly to the bald spots, while other peoples eyes' , when looking at us, dont do this.

I have come to this point, when I looked to some of my friends. After close looks I discovered that much of them have also problem with their hair, but I had never thought of that even if we are friends for years. Also many famous actors etc are in the same situation but we have never thought that they are bald because extactly our eyes dont look at their balding spots directly (just like we do when looking at the mirror).

So every time you look at the mirror, you have to know that your situation is better than the one you instantly think it is.

Last edited:

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
I disagree...the first thing I notice on people, or men, is there hair. I look up and say " He is going bald like me " or " He looks a little worse than me " or " he is bald and looks good " or " He has the same amount of hair as me but his temples are in good shape, that's why it looks better "

Sorry dude, but if someone is bald or going bald I notice. Probably becasue I am going bald myself. It is quite possible that people who aren't going bald don't notice but I sure as hell do.

jfrank

Established Member
Reaction score
i noticed my best buddies hair.. he seems to be missing a lot of hairs on top of his scalp.. however, the hairs that he does have are thick and strong..

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score

you look at them because you all the time, think of baldness. If you werent bald you wouldnt think of him

google1980

Reaction score
I would have to agree. Last year I never really looked at other people's hair. For example, I know plenty of bald people (parent's friends), but I never looked or thought of them as being bald. Kinda weird huh?
Only until I started dropping some hairs, did I really notice.

Now its like an obsession. When I walk the street the first thing I look at is other people's hair for signs of thinning and recession.

dw99

Reaction score
google1980 said:
I would have to agree. Last year I never really looked at other people's hair. For example, I know plenty of bald people (parent's friends), but I never looked or thought of them as being bald. Kinda weird huh?
Only until I started dropping some hairs, did I really notice.

Now its like an obsession. When I walk the street the first thing I look at is other people's hair for signs of thinning and recession.

son of a b**ch... i'm the same way. it's terrble. i hate being so critical of others, but i'm obsessed with looking at other guys' hair.

G

Another reason you don't immediately notice an actor's balding is because they camera tells you where to look, and it focuses on their face--they can avoid the top and back; in real life we'd get a better assessment.

G

Well I think you are right. I have never had anyone look at my hair when they talk to me. They always look into my eyes. We see it much worse than it actually is..

But what you say about the mirror is a good point.

hardcastle

Reaction score
I've just started thinking that myself. I have several friends my age who are losing hair, and I barely thought about it before I had the problem myself. It was only after I started thinking about it that I started looking for it in others.

Like the VW owners in the 70s...maybe I should start honking at every bald guy I pass :)