Look at this guy's hairline

M8R-y644n4

Reaction score
22 weeks ago:
xsW4G9vm.jpg
Clear temporal indentation/recession can be seen.

4 weeks ago:
XhC9z1tm.jpg
No sign of temporal indentation/recession.

Now the discussion:
How could he restore such an impressive hairline within a short amount of time (18 weeks)? As you can see the 4 weeks ago picture shows no sign of recession at all. I ruled out hair transplant option. His 22 week ago picture doesn't show he could be a candidate for hair transplant (I even doubt if he even had male pattern baldness at that point, if he had that would be NW2 max). Plus he's too young for that option (?).

My guess 1: He had an early stage of male pattern baldness and took Finasteride and Minoxidil. But is it possible to achieve that well within just 18 weeks? Given that temporal hairline is so hard to restore and tend not to respond well to treatments (You can see more pictures below. His current temporal area looks very solid, like he never had recession before).

My guess 2: He had no male pattern baldness. His hairline naturally improves. Is it possible?

More and larger pictures
http://imgur.com/a/vGziJ
Possibly clearer pictures
http://imgur.com/a/vzQHo

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
He's clearly recessed more... Don't let higher norwoods and hair cut styles fool you, especially on a hair loss forum.

This. Thread over.

Last edited by a moderator:

M8R-y644n4

Reaction score
He's clearly recessed more... Don't let higher norwoods and hair cut styles fool you, especially on a hair loss forum.
I don't know how to explain. But look at the orange line. I align with mouth and eye brow.
You can see 2 first pics, the edges you just added meet the orange line. These two pics look like an improvement.
The 3rd pic, the edge you added doesn't align with the first pic. The edge never came out that far and weren't directly over his eye brow.

59ehDaC.jpg

M8R-y644n4

Reaction score
You know...the pics could just be in the wrong order lolz
I've been following this guy on social network. I can say these pictures are chronologically correct.

Dumb thread.
Seriously?

- - - Updated - - -

His hairline looks more symmetrical because the sides have less hair. He has thick hair, and a lot of people can pull off longer hair, despite having more baldness. But does look better with the longer hair, in my opinion (more fuller). Although he might not have a receding hairline. It's hard to tell because if he does, he's probably a Norwood 1 or 1.5.
Sorry I don't understand what you're trying to say.

This may make it easier to look. I draw orange line based on his eye brows.

G1UPTczm.jpgf9GxJKjm.jpg

Larger pictures: http://imgur.com/a/vzQHo

wolfman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe his hairline was shaped along with his sideburns when he got a hair cut?

So when his hair grew out, so did his hairline.

Magic.

Sir Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
Yup as the guy said before it had his hairline shaped up when he got a haircut; it's actually quite common to do.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Different haircut, young and Asian (best responders), recent hair loss. All possibilities

M8R-y644n4

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you can get that white with haircut. As you can see from the pic, the indented area looks so white like his forehead. I don't see follicle there.
I never get a haircut like that tho. So is it possible?

jbrog1987

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea knew I wasn't crazy. Temple points are definitely receded in the newer pic.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I sure wish this little "Z" hairline cut thing fooled women as easily as OP

Sir Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd say he doesn't have any hairloss; to expand on my earlier comment you can tell he got his hairline squared up when he got his haircut. It's a common thing to do nowadays with certain haircuts.. It's part of the style.

Here's an example:

10522168_871608332913905_885320658_n.jpg

M8R-y644n4

Reaction score
I'd say he doesn't have any hairloss; to expand on my earlier comment you can tell he got his hairline squared up when he got his haircut. It's a common thing to do nowadays with certain haircuts.. It's part of the style.

Here's an example:
Thank for trying to explain. This picture makes it clearer for me. This comment so far is the friendliest and most useful to me.
I don't come here very often but am surprised how unwelcoming some of people here actually are.

M8R-y644n4

Reaction score
You're right about I being naive. Coming from a developing country, didn't expect to see those kind of comments coming from people of developed countries.
I had no intention to confuse anyone here. Sorry if that pissed you off so much.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apart from the "dumb thread" comment nobody was even that mean to you, and to be honest, it is a dumb thread, it would have been mean if they said that you're dumb etc.

You should stay away from about 99% of the rest of the internet/forums/chats/comment sections if you think a significant amount of people were harsh to you here, but moving forward, from reading around here today it seems like a very welcoming place, its just that after all you did make a topic that wasted peoples time.

In future you shouldn't get any hostility for asking basic questions as long as you've at least put a little thought into them.

M8R-y644n4

Reaction score
To be fair... this would be a dumb thread if all people agreed, without doubt, that this man's hairline clearly receding. Which is not the case. Some said it's just a haircut and he's not receding which I'm more inclined to agree with. It's a matter of healthy discussion with civilized explanations but most of the comments here are otherwise.

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't think he has receded one bit, I see plenty of females with worse hairlines than that.