Loniten (oral minoxidil) Users ,share Your Experience

rupture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thinking of using loniten and looking for info from those who have or are using.
Dosage
Time on
Sides
Results
Norwood before starting
Other treatments

jlb1177

Reaction score
also interested in your dosing. I am splitting 5mg morning and night. Would it be more effective to take 10mg once?
Also, how long after starting did you notice improvement? any sheds initially ?

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i used to just take 10mg at once, but i think splitting it is probably more sensible. I think it contributed massively to my recovery. I had quite a big initial shed, was seeing a clear improvement at six months.

Analogies

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
also interested in your dosing. I am splitting 5mg morning and night. Would it be more effective to take 10mg once?
Also, how long after starting did you notice improvement? any sheds initially ?
Are you still taking spironolactone? How is that going?

Nexus6

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I'm interested in taking Loniten to treat my early retrograde alopecia. It is important to split the dosing? Can't I take 10mg once daily?

jlb1177

Reaction score
Still taking spironolactone 100mg a day and Duta. No issues at all. Hair is very good, significant increase.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
Didn't work on me ... because I have very agressive hair loss, even dutasteride couldn't save me. But if with finasteride or dutasteride your hair loss is stabilized I think Loniten can give you impressive regrowth.

Damn, i've been on dutasteride for a long time at a high dose and was thinking about using oral minoxidil, but this just turned me off it. what dosage of oral minoxidil did you try and how long were you on it?

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
@Ziggyz123 : 5 and 10mg for 2 years.
'sorry to hear that dude. those are decent dosages to see no results. i'm like you, no matter what i use i cant stop my hair loss. my hairline has been receding and itching for 6 years now and i was on 10mg of dutasteride for a year, now backed off to 2.5mg. makes no sense.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
@Ziggyz123 : I tried Sulfasalazine 500mg to 1g 3 years ago with some success. I stopped because I was afraid of the drug. I think I'm going to try it again. Maybe if nothing works for you, try something like sulfa ...
10mg and 2.5mg Dutasteride ? If you take Dutasteride Powder from Alibaba or somewhere else hm, you might have fake powder ... go with dutasteride pills.

I am a member at the private forum so my dutasteride was tested. i also have tried setipiprant as well as sulfa. non work, however, my sulfs was from an online pharmacy and i am almost positive it is fake as i do not get the strong colored urine most get on it.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone use both oral and topical minoxidil at the same time?

Next time I switch up my regimen I may substitute one of my daily applications for oral, but I want to continue a 1x daily liquid with rolling

Last edited:

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone previously use liquid minoxidil then switch to oral and see even better results? I've been on liquid minoxidil for 10 months and have see good results, would it be worth it to switch to oral for even more regrowth? Do minoxidil results peak at 2 years similar to finasteride?Thanks boyos..