Long Time, No Posting. Pavi Update (10/26/15 - 10/26/18

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, everyone! Hello to the old members that know me and hello to the new members of this forum.

3 years to this day (10/26/15) I began using 5% minoxidil + 2% keto + LLLT. I was 19 then. My hair was a disaster, approaching NW3.

3 years later, WITHOUT PROPECIA, my hair is a NW2. So, in 3 years, I have improved and maintained my hair without the use of propecia. I have used rogaine 2 times a day for 3 years and have not missed a single application. So it is possible to maintain without an AA!

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the guys who believe minoxidil works for Just 1 year....loool
This product do miracles in long term :)

Ninja Turtle

My Regimen
Reaction score
Happy for you man, sounds like great progress. I firmly believe without a potent anti androgen there’s no chance long term >5 years. Finasteride blocks 85-90% of 5AR type 2 and as a result, 86% of people maintained or grew hair over 10 years. Dutasteride blocks 98-99% so it would be reasonable to conclude that over 95% would maintain for 10 years. If you start losing in a couple of years hop on finasteride.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Happy for you man, sounds like great progress. I firmly believe without a potent anti androgen there’s no chance long term >5 years. Finasteride blocks 85-90% of 5AR type 2 and as a result, 86% of people maintained or grew hair over 10 years. Dutasteride blocks 98-99% so it would be reasonable to conclude that over 95% would maintain for 10 years. If you start losing in a couple of years hop on finasteride.

I respect your opinion but I disagree because I have slow balding. Slow balding + minoxidil could buy me a long long time. But I get your point!

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey bro ; still on rogaine foam ? no sides such as dark circle ?
i remind you're sucess story ! can you post updated pics ?

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey bro ; still on rogaine foam ? no sides such as dark circle ?
i remind you're sucess story ! can you post updated pics ?

Yep same routine. I’ll try to post pics when I can. I’m in a doctoral program right now and can barely find time to do anything else lol

Yepesyellow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, you suffered from hyperthyroidism in addition to AA, do you feel as though treatment for hyperthyroidism contributed to the results you experienced on minoxidil?

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, everyone! Hello to the old members that know me and hello to the new members of this forum.

3 years to this day (10/26/15) I began using 5% minoxidil + 2% keto + LLLT. I was 19 then. My hair was a disaster, approaching NW3.

3 years later, WITHOUT PROPECIA, my hair is a NW2. So, in 3 years, I have improved and maintained my hair without the use of propecia. I have used rogaine 2 times a day for 3 years and have not missed a single application. So it is possible to maintain without an AA!

hey no skin problems AT ALL with minoxidil for 3 years ?

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, you suffered from hyperthyroidism in addition to AA, do you feel as though treatment for hyperthyroidism contributed to the results you experienced on minoxidil?

It was for sure both. But the minoxidil is still working to this day