Long Time Member Finds Some Success - 7 Months On finasteride & nizoral

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I joined this forum way back in 2008! I know, its crazy. I first came because of my diffuse thinning, which I have slowly been thinning since High School. I was 22 when I joined, I'm 32 right now! You can see my original post when I joined here: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/nights-story-22-diffuse-thinner.38808/

I then came back in 2012 and said I was gonna restart finasteride. I did use it in 2008 for a little less than a year. Why did I drop it? I have no clue. I was going through a rough time and had way too many things on my mind. In 2012 I did come and say I was going to order some finasteride and continue treatment, the only issue is that I tried Toppik and procrastinated buying finasteride. You can read my 2012 thread here: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/old-poster-starting-over-again.63219/

This pas April I decided that I had to get on finasteride this time for the long haul and give it a fair chance. I was about to give up on my hair and just shave it and move on with my life. But I came on here and started re-reading everyones success. I remembered that when I joined I wanted to join success stories like SE-Freak and Peapoddy. So I decided not to log into the site until I had results (I did log in to whine at Irishpride86 to not delete his thread because he was one of the reasons I restarted treatment).

Here we are. 7 months (in a few days, since I started April 6th).

Side Effects: Ball ache that stays and goes away randomly, not super painful just slight pressure. Less sperm volume (though I did change my diet so its hard to know which did it) and thats about it. I had no issue with erections. '

Here is the gallery on Imgur as a backup: https://imgur.com/a/H4N7liv

UPDATE: 12 MONTHS IN PAGE 2 UPDATE!

Attachments

• splitdry.png
    splitdry.png
    1 MB · Views: 6,613
  • splitwet.png
    splitwet.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 6,173
  • top.png
    top.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 6,014
  • wet.png
    wet.png
    1,017.2 KB · Views: 5,932
  • hairline.png
    hairline.png
    961.1 KB · Views: 6,891
  • crown.png
    crown.png
    1 MB · Views: 10,544
Last edited:

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Wanted to add some zoom in photos with flash I took where I feel like I see some hairs coming in. The first two are the crown and the last one is my left temple where it seems like little hairs are popping up?

Attachments

• crown.png
    crown.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,008
  • crown2.png
    crown2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,968
  • temple.png
    temple.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,078

Filipino

My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats bro!! I'm an Asian and a diffuse thinner. 46 days on finasteride no other regime.

katalan33

My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome results! I am somewhat Norwood 3-4 with diffuse thinning whole my scalp. My wet hair exactly like yours 7 month before.
I am now on dutasteride and use rogaine 2x a day with dermarolling 2x a week. Only 30 days in to my regime. You gave me so much hope!
Congrat~

katalan33

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have questions for you. I see your hair got thicker and become more dense.
Since when do you start to notice its improving?
also, have you had any shedding? if you had or you haven't since when did you noticed your hair stop falling?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great results man. Can you give a brief timeline of what you experienced while being on finasteride month to month?

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Congrats bro!! I'm an Asian and a diffuse thinner. 46 days on finasteride no other regime.

Awesome results! I am somewhat Norwood 3-4 with diffuse thinning whole my scalp. My wet hair exactly like yours 7 month before.
I am now on dutasteride and use rogaine 2x a day with dermarolling 2x a week. Only 30 days in to my regime. You gave me so much hope!
Congrat~

Thanks, hope you guys come back and post your progress!

I have questions for you. I see your hair got thicker and become more dense.
Since when do you start to notice its improving?
also, have you had any shedding? if you had or you haven't since when did you noticed your hair stop falling?
I would say about the 3-4th month for me, when I got a haircut and it looked way less see through. I took months to get a hair cut when I started just because I was too lazy to go to the barber. So I would say when I combed my hair coming from the barber is when I noticed. I attached a photo of the first photo I took when I got the hair cut :)

August 6th (4 months in): https://imgur.com/a/Wd9R9Ry

Great results man. Can you give a brief timeline of what you experienced while being on finasteride month to month?
Sure:

First Month: Nothing
Second: I started getting mild ball ache, seamen started getting more watery.F
Third-Forth: Same issues, but this is when I started to noticed my hair getting thicker.
Fifth: This is when other people noticed a difference.
Sixth-Seventh: Basically seamen volume is lower than it was before I started. That's my main side effect. I can now style my hair differently than I could before.

hz123456

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey nice documentation especially with the conditions in the before/after pics looking almost identical in terms of lighting/hair length.

I see overall thickening and general improvement. Keep us posted on any continued improvement!

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Shedding like crazy these last few weeks. Kinda crazy. Here is one of my temples. You see the little hairs?

Attachments

• 20181208_155930.jpg
    20181208_155930.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,515

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is shedding like crazy to you?

m97

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello
i saw your result and it is really amazing, especially for me, because when i look at your before pictures i see that i have the exactly the same thinning as you had, i am nearly 22, after your result i really think to start finasteride, but i don't know yet, i started scalp massaging 2 month ago and i want to try this for first, i want to ask you, if you have tried scalp massaging or dermaroller or something like that before? thanks...

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
What is shedding like crazy to you?

Huge increase of hair on my hands when I shower. I'm getting a lot of small and big hairs , I'd say it increased 75% these last few months

Hello
i saw your result and it is really amazing, especially for me, because when i look at your before pictures i see that i have the exactly the same thinning as you had, i am nearly 22, after your result i really think to start finasteride, but i don't know yet, i started scalp massaging 2 month ago and i want to try this for first, i want to ask you, if you have tried scalp massaging or dermaroller or something like that before? thanks...
I have only tried nizoral and finasteride. I'm thinking of adding demarolling after at least a year. I want to document for everyone what kinda results you can get with finasteride solo basically (I don't think Nizoral is regrowing, it just clears my dandruff).

I personally believe in the science behind finasteride and think if you seriously want to stop your hair loss, you should give it a serious try.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Quick update. Got a haircut so I should post one, got it shorter than the last few:

Sadly I have been shedding, tho hair still looks above baseline. Ya know how hairloss be.

Attachments

• 20190218_142450[1].jpg
    20190218_142450[1].jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 1,588

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update. Got a haircut so I should post one, got it shorter than the last few:

Sadly I have been shedding, tho hair still looks above baseline. Ya know how hairloss be.
Looks good for wet hair you lucky bastard.

J124973

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks very good to me, I would not say that you're balding at all now.
Would you mind to describe your shedding experience in details? How much hair do you loose daily? Is it coming in cycles of shedding and regrowing, or you're shedding continuously but still can see regrow at the same time? I'm asking for an obvious reason, it's my 4th week on finasteride and minoxidil and I've never been losing so many hairs as right now. My thinning hair looks much worse. Does this sound familiar to you? I know I need to continue for at least 6 month and then analyze the results, but I'm also looking for signs that could tell that I'm on the right way.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
In the last few months, maybe since the start of fall/winter, I started shedding more and more. I personally think you should take photos of your hair now and wait at least 6 months before you snap a photo. Sadly, this treatment is FOR LIFE and benefits can take UP TO ONE YEAR to see... some people say they didn't see results till 2 years.

I didn't use minoxidil but for what I heard, it gives you a massive shed before you improve. So yes, take photos and ride it out. Its all you can do at this point. Don't be discouraged by the hair that falls in the rest room. Believe in the science and give it time. You can do this.
Looks good for wet hair you lucky bastard.
Thanks man, hopefully it improves more!

Considering adding Min and Dermarolling when I finish the year of finasteride.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In the last few months, maybe since the start of fall/winter, I started shedding more and more. I personally think you should take photos of your hair now and wait at least 6 months before you snap a photo. Sadly, this treatment is FOR LIFE and benefits can take UP TO ONE YEAR to see... some people say they didn't see results till 2 years.

I didn't use minoxidil but for what I heard, it gives you a massive shed before you improve. So yes, take photos and ride it out. Its all you can do at this point. Don't be discouraged by the hair that falls in the rest room. Believe in the science and give it time. You can do this.

Thanks man, hopefully it improves more!

Considering adding Min and Dermarolling when I finish the year of finasteride.
what regimen are u on