Long time lurker, first time poster... heed me fellow hair loss sufferers.

amigoingbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Just for a sec forget about Cancer. This is not a cancer forum. This is a hair loss forum and those who call other members pathetic need to remind themselves why they joined this site in the first place.
I do apologize for using words like pathetic that was kinda harsh, I did join this forum to get help and that's the only reason, and even though I strongly strongly disagree with what some members have said I do apologize for the way I went about it.

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok I pop in and out of this forum from time to time, and can relate to many woes. But something I see which keeps cropping up has forced me to register to counter it. What I keep seeing is people saying hair loss is worse than terminal or chronic diseases, and that at least MS sufferers dont have hair loss yadda yadda...

Well let me tell you in the hopes of reassuring some of you that hair loss isnt the worst thing ever... Because my receding hairline pretty much mirrors the mcdonalds arch, I avoid shop windows, I see girls averting their eyes and most of the posts here I can relate to. hair loss sucks. male pattern baldness sucks. There's no putting it any other way.

But basically, if hair loss was my only problem I'd be a happy man, and without boring you on my medical history I basically have had a chronic tension in my right shoulder which radiates up and down my arm for going on 5 years now. I have tried everything, been to every doctor, tried all the excersises... but still it haunts me. It's like someone has put a crocodile clip on the nerves in my shoulder. It is a constant 24/7 torment which forces me to sleep in awkward positions to avoid aggrivating it. I can promise you that my hair loss which I abhore very much is NOTHING next to this. When you confront the fact that you may face a lifetime of pain... nothing on earth is scarier. hair loss sucks, but it just sucks when it really comes down to it. There are millions of happy bald men who've come to terms with it and have got on with life, and 99.9999% of those bald men never had the internet groups or hair loss products to help support them.

So just wanted to debunk all those 'hair loss is worse than cancer" comments I've seen a lot of on here. The grief I get from my hair loss is nothing next to this constant shoulder pain. hair loss is tough dont get me wrong, but talking from experience a lot of how much hair loss bothers me is down to my psychological state more than anything. Which allows me some 'off time' so to speak, when Im in a good mood and not even my hair loss bothers me. Ignoring a 24/7 droning pain is not so easily done. :(

Please, drop it.
What is worse than other things is up to each.
Let me tell you, I suffer chronic fatigue (extreme), tinnitus, insomnia and all of which are horrible. But for me hair loss is worse than all of them combined.
This is your experience not mine.
If I got cancer I might feel different, but for now I think hair loss is the worst thing in this world.

whymewhynow

Reaction score
I'm sick of all these "helpful" posters who tell me how I should feel, what I should and shouldn't think and how much hair loss matters to me. I know my own situation, trust me it is bad enough actually balding without being targeted for attacks on a forum supposed to be understanding.
We get it you did well from balding, maybe you have the right head shape, maybe you are tall, maybe you don't give a ****.... i'm not you. I DIDN'T DECIDE TO FEEL LIKE ****, you think anyone can choose their mind and be peaceful, it's NOT A CHOICE TO FEEL BAD. If I could I would feel happy.

If only like 99.9% of ordinary people I wasn't building at my age then I WOULD BE HAPPY. Hair loss is the only thing i hate about myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Please, drop it.
What is worse than other things is up to each.
Let me tell you, I suffer chronic fatigue (extreme), tinnitus, insomnia and all of which are horrible. But for me hair loss is worse than all of them combined.
This is your experience not mine.
If I got cancer I might feel different, but for now I think hair loss is the worst thing in this world.

At least you can buy wig, a man cannot or he is a coward a "loser" for trying to conceal his hair loss.

amigoingbald

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm sick of all these "helpful" posters who tell me how I should feel, what I should and shouldn't think and how much hair loss matters to me. I know my own situation, trust me it is bad enough actually balding without being targeted for attacks on a forum supposed to be understanding.
We get it you did well from balding, maybe you have the right head shape, maybe you are tall, maybe you don't give a ****.... i'm not you. I DIDN'T DECIDE TO FEEL LIKE ****, you think anyone can choose their mind and be peaceful, it's NOT A CHOICE TO FEEL BAD. If I could I would feel happy.

If only like 99.9% of ordinary people I wasn't building at my age then I WOULD BE HAPPY. Hair loss is the only thing i hate about myself.

- - - Updated - - -

At least you can buy wig, a man cannot or he is a coward a "loser" for trying to conceal his hair loss.
If you're sick of all these"helpful"people just don't respond or don't read so you don't have to get so worked up

amigoingbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Since I'm still young and caught the problem early I'm almost sure the big 3 will work for me Fred, so never mind a few years give me a few months or half a year and ill post a thread titled FRED LOOK AT MY HAIR lmao just to kill you a little more inside

amigoingbald

Established Member
Reaction score
As someone mentioned earlier, you might be suffering from schizophrenia. Are you even aware of what you're doing? You've just said you were going to laugh at my face for having hair and you came here to say we're pathetic to complain about losing our hair.

Kill me inside? I don't get it, I have my own plan to get my hair back, and I would never come here in a few years to make fun of people who are still suffering.
Listen man regardless of what u think about me I'm not an *** hole, and no I'm not gonna do that if I grow my hair back lol u just pissed me off, but I didn't come here to argue with people whonarein the same boat as me even though that may be the way it seems to u, so if we could agree to disagree that'd be cool cause I don't wanna argue or throw insults back and fourth with you anymore, you and the cat dude are really the only people I've had problems with or started to dislike afTer talking to u but I'm over it man I wish u nothing but the best even if u wish me the opposite, but nobody called me schizophrenic thats ridiculous there's no way you could say I have that by talking to me online lol

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HELL YEAH, chics DIG scars! Not norwood 5+'s

Big cool *** bar fight scar with a mop head of hair!

Anyway a hangnail to some people could be far worse than some debilitating disease. Eye of the beholder I guess.

If somone is not impacted by it then you can simply stay out of the impacted by hairloss threads.... easy peazy.

I personally am impacted, in some ways, not others. I HATE seeing myself. I honestly didnt mind looking at myself with a shaved head in the mirror but photos made me want to throw up. I also did not like other peoples reactions. And personally I felt like I was throwing my hands up in defeat.
Im not going to kill myself. Id sooner move into the woods and live like a hermit first. Or ditch society and just travel the world.
I often think thought if I did end up with say cancer I would actually let it just run its course. If I had the unwilling option for out, I might take it and just make whatever healthier time I had left friggin rock.

Sometimes I now just come in to goof around and feel better and hopefully pass that on.

Scars are pretty cool.