Long time lurker, first time poster... heed me fellow hair loss sufferers.

Aragorn

Reaction score
Ok I pop in and out of this forum from time to time, and can relate to many woes. But something I see which keeps cropping up has forced me to register to counter it. What I keep seeing is people saying hair loss is worse than terminal or chronic diseases, and that at least MS sufferers dont have hair loss yadda yadda...

Well let me tell you in the hopes of reassuring some of you that hair loss isnt the worst thing ever... Because my receding hairline pretty much mirrors the mcdonalds arch, I avoid shop windows, I see girls averting their eyes and most of the posts here I can relate to. hair loss sucks. male pattern baldness sucks. There's no putting it any other way.

But basically, if hair loss was my only problem I'd be a happy man, and without boring you on my medical history I basically have had a chronic tension in my right shoulder which radiates up and down my arm for going on 5 years now. I have tried everything, been to every doctor, tried all the excersises... but still it haunts me. It's like someone has put a crocodile clip on the nerves in my shoulder. It is a constant 24/7 torment which forces me to sleep in awkward positions to avoid aggrivating it. I can promise you that my hair loss which I abhore very much is NOTHING next to this. When you confront the fact that you may face a lifetime of pain... nothing on earth is scarier. hair loss sucks, but it just sucks when it really comes down to it. There are millions of happy bald men who've come to terms with it and have got on with life, and 99.9999% of those bald men never had the internet groups or hair loss products to help support them.

So just wanted to debunk all those 'hair loss is worse than cancer" comments I've seen a lot of on here. The grief I get from my hair loss is nothing next to this constant shoulder pain. hair loss is tough dont get me wrong, but talking from experience a lot of how much hair loss bothers me is down to my psychological state more than anything. Which allows me some 'off time' so to speak, when Im in a good mood and not even my hair loss bothers me. Ignoring a 24/7 droning pain is not so easily done. :(

amigoingbald

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree man those posts that hair loss is worse than cancer make me sick , in some sort of evil way I hope everyone who has ever said that here.. Well.. Gets cancer, then they can come and talk about how hair loss is worse

amigoingbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair loss is not worse than cancer of course. I've just read many testimonies of people suffering from cancer where they say the worst part is hair loss. And why wouldn't it be? Other chemo side effects: puking your guts out, I've known that, extreme pain, I've been there because of my multiples surgeries. Knowing that your days are numbered? Been there too, sort of, I suffered from extreme psychological problems in the past and really thought I would not make it. Appear underweight in a sick way, well that's me all the time. Of course I haven't experienced cancer first hand and hope I never will.

People say you can't compare different kinds of suffering. Well, I think you can actually. People coming here with a NW2 saying that their life is over need perspective for example. Anyway, I wish you all the best Aragorn. Even if I disagree with you, I've just spent a week in my bed with extreme pain and I don't think physical pain can compare to psychological pain. Physical pain is so much more bearable for me. But it comes from a guy who suffered from extreme depression, anxiety and even psychosis so...
Bud you sound so stupid, I can't even read on, "hair loss is the worst part of cancer and why wouldn't it be " .. Your disgusting dog.. Maybe the worst part for those people is leaving earth, there family, everything they have to live for , not the hair on there head u f'ing pig, don't ever talk about ppl with cancer in the forums again buddy cause I'm crazy and maybe I'll find out where u live and hunt u down

amigoingbald

Established Member
Reaction score
alright you're a dip**** and nothing you say is serious now
Call me a dip **** at least I'm not a pussy who can't get over my hair loss lol, get a life bud

- - - Updated - - -

alright you're a dip**** and nothing you say is serious now
And honestly swing bud you and polar bear are the two saddest excuses of a man I've ever met online or in real life I didn't think it was possible for such cowards to exist lol

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Call me a dip **** at least I'm not a pussy who can't get over my hair loss lol, get a life bud

- - - Updated - - -

And honestly swing bud you and polar bear are the two saddest excuses of a man I've ever met online or in real life I didn't think it was possible for such cowards to exist lol

Both of these remarks are complete BS. I went back to your original post

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/71496-am-i-going-bald-age-21

and its been completely changed. You changed the image from a young kid with SUPER long thick hair to some image of the top of a head with no face. I doubt neither were you.
You also nicely neatened up some of text in the original comment from near phycosis ("Im stressing about this") to "meh whatever man".

you're full on BS. To me that wreaks of not only cowardice but obscene hipocracy. Seriously you're a dipschit, plain and simple..... just my opinion..... "son"

amigoingbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Both of these remarks are complete BS. I went back to your original post

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/71496-am-i-going-bald-age-21

and its been completely changed. You changed the image from a young kid with SUPER long thick hair to some image of the top of a head with no face. I doubt neither were you.
You also nicely neatened up some of text in the original comment from near phycosis ("Im stressing about this") to "meh whatever man".

you're full on BS. To me that wreaks of not only cowardice but obscene hipocracy. Seriously you're a dipschit, plain and simple..... just my opinion..... "son"
you're hilarious bud

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with Fred and Swing, the psychological trauma of hairloss can be completely debilitating, it can literally ruin your life, your confidence, your career and social life. Give me chronic physical pain or illness any day. Hairloss is a big ****ing deal, and it affects some men worse than others. It is a drastic, negative and unwanted change in a persons appearance, to compare it to being physically maimed would not be too far from the truth. I'd rather have a big scar running down my face from forehead to chin than lose my hair.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with Fred and Swing, the psychological trauma of hairloss can be completely debilitating, it can literally ruin your life, your confidence, your career and social life. Give me chronic physical pain or illness any day. Hairloss is a big ****ing deal, and it affects some men worse than others. It is a drastic, negative and unwanted change in a persons appearance, to compare it to being physically maimed would not be too far from the truth. I'd rather have a big scar running down my face from forehead to chin than lose my hair.

HELL YEAH, chics DIG scars! Not norwood 5+'s

Big cool *** bar fight scar with a mop head of hair!

Anyway a hangnail to some people could be far worse than some debilitating disease. Eye of the beholder I guess.

If somone is not impacted by it then you can simply stay out of the impacted by hairloss threads.... easy peazy.

I personally am impacted, in some ways, not others. I HATE seeing myself. I honestly didnt mind looking at myself with a shaved head in the mirror but photos made me want to throw up. I also did not like other peoples reactions. And personally I felt like I was throwing my hands up in defeat.
Im not going to kill myself. Id sooner move into the woods and live like a hermit first. Or ditch society and just travel the world.
I often think thought if I did end up with say cancer I would actually let it just run its course. If I had the unwilling option for out, I might take it and just make whatever healthier time I had left friggin rock.

Sometimes I now just come in to goof around and feel better and hopefully pass that on.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score

- - - Updated - - -

you're allowed to vent your anger in this forum, but not to attack or insult other members like that. So please cease

rerun

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just read many testimonies of people suffering from cancer where they say the worst part is hair loss. And why wouldn't it be? Other chemo side effects: puking your guts out, I've known that, extreme pain, I've been there because of my multiples surgeries. Knowing that your days are numbered? Been there too, sort of, I suffered from extreme psychological problems in the past and really thought I would not make it. Appear underweight in a sick way, well that's me all the time. Of course I haven't experienced cancer first hand and hope I never will.

Maybe you should experience cancer.

I mean, you seem to be under the impression that you can handle it, especially since you are attempting to downplay the suffering of cancer patients by detailing how you have already been through similar side effects and experiences.

I'm sure if you walk into a cancer center and spew your list of comparisons (like how your "extreme psychological problems" are similar to people who are physically dying), the patients and their families will welcome you splendidly.

amigoingbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should experience cancer.

I mean, you seem to be under the impression that you can handle it, especially since you are attempting to downplay the suffering of cancer patients by detailing how you have already been through similar side effects and experiences.

I'm sure if you walk into a cancer center and spew your list of comparisons (like how your "extreme psychological problems" are similar to people who are physically dying), the patients and their families will welcome you splendidly.
Most definitely Fred, I think they would definitely welcome u with open arms and show great sympathy for your condition.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.facebook.com/BreastCancerAwareness/posts/10151881439698140

And it's easier for cancer patients because they lose it very fast, and it grows back most of the time.
Have u read those comments idiot ? I did most I saw we're people saying lost my hair years ago it is still very thin.... BUT IM ALIVE AND HEALTY

amigoingbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, I think they should show great sympathy.

Hair loss sufferers don't get any sympathy anywhere, because you know, "It's just hair"... until people who said that experience it first hand, then suddenly they sing a different tune.
You're disgusting dude , sorry but you are lol, your probably one of the guys who doesn't get girls and has no friends and blame it on your hair loss, either way, your to far up your own *** for me to To even respond to anymore , so comment on my posts all you want but in not wasting my time talking to a "person" like you anymore

amigoingbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, I think they should show great sympathy.

Hair loss sufferers don't get any sympathy anywhere, because you know, "It's just hair"... until people who said that experience it first hand, then suddenly they sing a different tune.

"That was the hardest thing to go through. My hair is now about 1/4" long and finally coming back!!!!! YAY ME!!! No one realizes how hard it is until you've been through it."

"I cried like a baby when my partner shaved my hair off, and wouldn't let any one except him and my daughter see my bald head, but looking back now I think I would go bald and proud as im a survivor of 4 years keep fighting everyone suffering this horrible disease xx"

"Maybe this is vain of me. But the first thing I thought when I heard I had to get chemo (triple negative breast cancer), was...oh no! I'm going to lose my long hair. Not only is the hair loss devastating, it's very physically painful. But I made it through that fight with cancer and my hair grew back and now I'm on my second battle with this evil disease. But once again I will prevail!"

"To me, losing my hair was harder than hearing the diagnosis. My SO reminded me, "You can't see the cancer, but you look in the mirror every day". My philosophy was: "My hair coming out means the cancer is going away". Both things helped. My last chemo was 2/26/2013. My hair is slowly growing back. But not fast enough for me."
One last final comment to you I promise I'll never waste my time on u again bud lol... But you do realize your a man and those are 9/10 chances all females right?? I'm not sexist by any means but a woman having no hair is a whole bother ball game compared to a man with no hair

rerun

Established Member
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/BreastCancerAwareness/posts/10151881439698140

And it's easier for cancer patients because they lose it very fast, and it grows back most of the time.

You're quite sick. Cancer patients are at risk of dying.

That you believe it's "easier" for them because their hair may grow back, yet completely overlook the fact that many die during treatment or several years after when the cancer appears again, shows how twisted your mind works.

amigoingbald

Established Member
Reaction score
You're quite sick. Cancer patients are at risk of dying.

That you believe it's "easier" for them because their hair may grow back, yet completely overlook the fact that many die during treatment or several years after when the cancer appears again, shows how twisted your mind works.
Totally, I, not gonna lie I'm a little on the dark side but this guy is absolutely disgusting I can't see how pathetic people like him are allowed on these forums

amigoingbald

Established Member
Reaction score
I stressed it before, I'm talking about the psychological level.

Knowing that you will be bald by the age of 22, believing that maybe no girl would want to look at you, that you may not be able to find the love of your life (while you could have found her in that parallel world where you kept your hair), that you might be turned down for jobs because you're bald.

All of this may not be true and just in our heads, but I know I've thought that before, when I was 19 with very aggressive hair loss. And those thoughts can be devastating. You don't die but you live a sub-version of what your life could have been.
" you live a sub version of what your life could of been " stop saying you as talking about all bald people, and say I cause that's how u feel bud not everyone else lol.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
I agree with you all i mean in my opinion i do believe cancer is worse by miles i would take just hairloss over a disease what can kill you anyday...but...i agree with Fred in a way that yes it can mess you up mentally i know it messed me up for bit...i was worried for what was to come how bad i thought i would look what would others say etc...at the end of the day its down to the person and how they deal with it everyone or most deal with it differently.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Just for a sec forget about Cancer. This is not a cancer forum. This is a hair loss forum and those who call other members pathetic need to remind themselves why they joined this site in the first place.