Long time browser, now starting

dp045

Reaction score
I've browsed quite a bit but still questions due to a lot of information to digest.

My plan is..

finasteride + minoxidil + Nizoral

Questions..

1. Is there a recommended shampoo to use on the non-Nizoral days?
2. Is it suggested to start all of these at the same time or stagger them?
3. As far as supplements goes it seems biotin is suggested the most. Any others highly suggested?

Thanks!

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
1. I use two shampoos by Neutragena: T-sal and Daily Control
2. Depends on how bad your hair loss is. If you are in the beginning stages, I would just go with finasteride.
3. I take biotin, but to be honest I don't think it is necessary.

chipsy

Reaction score
There's a myriad of supplements out there. Personally I like resveratrol, curcumin and astaxathin. But that's just me, they may or may not be contributing anymore than min/finasteride

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Is there a recommended shampoo to use on the non-Nizoral days?
Shampoos don't work. The only one that does, and even if it does it gives marginal at best results, is Nizoral. Even if you were to get gains from it you'd need to wait months anyway as you need to take into account the hair growth cycle (anagen, telogen and catagent) lasting 4+ months. so you won't see anything until then ANYWAY. And then on top of that you need to take into account that hair grows at 1cm/per month (approx), so add another few weeks before changes are noticeable anyway... so, youre looking at 6 months plus. Bottom line? Nizoral won't do much, if anything at all, anyway. So forget about shampoos.

But... there are things that do affect Androgenetic Alopecia and you'll want those to help with hair loss. So look for shampoos with Saw Palmetto, Litsea, L-Arginin, Argan Oil and Vitamin E.... these will be 'better' than all the others but dont expect ANY results, shampoo is applied and washed out minutes later. Thats not going to do sh!t.

2. Is it suggested to start all of these at the same time or stagger them?
Yes, dont waste time, your hair is valuable.

3. As far as supplements goes it seems biotin is suggested the most. Any others highly suggested?
Nothing helps. Androgenetic Alopecia is not a diet related issue.

dp045

Reaction score
Thanks for the help so far!

So look for shampoos with Saw Palmetto, Litsea, L-Arginin, Argan Oil and Vitamin E.... these will be 'better' than all the others but dont expect ANY results, shampoo is applied and washed out minutes later.

Any specific ones suggested from the forums? It's tough looking at Amazon due to never knowing which have fake reviews, etc.

Vim

Established Member
Reaction score
If you just want to maintain then start with finasteride and w/o minoxidil. A keto shampoo is ok but don't overuse it.

dp045

Reaction score
I'm hoping for some regrowth as well. Is it recommended to start finasteride+minoxidil at the same time in this case?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the help so far!

Any specific ones suggested from the forums? It's tough looking at Amazon due to never knowing which have fake reviews, etc.

I use Avalon Organics with Saw Palmetto. For Litsea I'm probably going to order a shampoo called 'Jinda' off ebay.