long term heart problems with rogaine

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil directly effects the heart so if you have pain from it, its not for you.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
i ve taken minoxidil for months/ years and had at least 5-10 cardiologist checks with ecg etc. and it was everything ok. Yes you can get palpitations from it, however mostly this doesn't affect you very much. Many ppl have palpitations. However if you have them while exercising you should probably drop minoxidil. But keep in mind that there is also the nocebo effect

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try two percent. Also, consider there could be allergies to glycol, or something else.

It's possible. Everyone's different.

JonnyKid

Reaction score
I have been using minoxidil spray and also have PVCs in my heart. No issues for me at all using minoxidil.

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
happened to me after i applied it on the face for beard growth for 1 week

got heart problems for 2 month

thanksfully it seems fine now

minoxidil is poison

cherrybombs9898

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took rogaine for 1 year. The last 3 months of using it I started getting severe chest pain. Then I researched into rogaine and found out that it can impact your heart. I stopped using it. It's been 3 months and my heart pain has gone away. However, I think it enlarged my heart. I have a lot of pressure in my feet and hands from pooling blood. This is kind of freaking me out, because I know this is a sign of a damaged heart (enlarged heart) and it can also cause stroke. I do not understand why this is an over-the-counter medication. It is extremely dangerous. The FDA is totally reckless with its decision on this drug. There must have been a lot of lobbying to allow this drug onto the market.

They try to bury the true side effects, but you can find them if you research long enough:
heart.png

Lucky_Luciano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
actually you are the dumbass here, sure it can go systemic but the amount is less than 1/1000th that's what someone working in a Pharmazie told me. that's why you have to eat the pills to get some real effect on blood pressure
No man, you're the dumbass. Topical minoxidil does go systemic very well, and I can confirm it in my expirience. If topical finasteride go systemic and causes sides, why minoxidil shouldnt? Even the liposomal specially designed to minimize systemic absorbance, goes systemic by 1/18, so in a alcohol+pg solution that amount would be much higher.

Paulito9x9

My Regimen
Reaction score
I experience minoxidil heart palpitations and chest pain myself a couple of times. The first time was way back when I knew nothing about hair loss and the medication. I just smeared tons of it all over my head just thinking "couldn't hurt. the more the better". No surprise, I got massive anxiety and rapid heart beat. It took me a couple of days to figure out it was minoxidil's doing. About a year later I restarted minoxidil. This time using the proper dosage and experienced no side-effects.

The second time happened about 5 years later which is actually a couple of months ago. I developed dandruff and my scalp was in a terrible state. I also started massaging it which disrupted the skin even further. I got the sides again. This time I went to see a cardiologist who performed all sorts of tests. I even got to wear this device which monitored my heart for a whole day. They found nothing. The thing is I stopped the massages a couple of days prior and the side effects had already gotten better at that point. So that could have contributed. I got myself an anti-dandruff shampoo and fixed my scalp. Side-effects went away.

The third time started happening couple of weeks ago. The thing is, I had to pause it due to a hair transplant. When I got back on it I first started applying it to my non-transplanted area, gradually moving to the transplanted one. I believe this could have been the cause. The skin might no be fully healed yet (even though I waited as long as instructed) or that my body's getting used to it again. I feel like it's slowly gotten better in the past couple of days but I'm still careful and using a smaller dose. This time it's a bit harder to tell what's due to what though since I also experimented with topical finas so it's all kind of mixed up.

So that's my minoxidil experience.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using oral min since 2018, had my heart checked(ECG) quite a few times in that span and never any problems found. I did get some heart palpitations just recently but i don't think that was oral min induced. For most of that time it has been 10mg, as high as 20mg and as low as 5mg. Guess some people just have a higher tolerance.

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the same: Heart pain and difficulty to sleep (blood pressure falls down at night even more than usual due to minoxidil). Went to the Cardiologist, they made an ECG, EEG and told me everything is fine and it is unlikely that's its caused by minoxidil. All these doctors, same as described by other users here seem to be real dumbasses. Tachycardia can occur while you are not in the ECG

After I stopped myself I recovered after 6 weeks alone. You will recover and there will be no damage in the long term, I am quite sure. Just give it some rest and dont start too heavy exercise if you feel heart pain still. Ideally do a 2 week break from sports and stress and then retry