Long term Heakth risks? (Gardner please reply)

sl

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I am reading stories on people stoping Proscar, due to problems with DHT too lowered etc.

However i self adminstor mine, I want to know if there is long term probs using this stuff? I would rather not use it if for example I cause long term probs to my body.

I have been on it for over 2 months on 1.5mg per day. I have had shedding. But its slowed down , maybe because I am on minoxidil for 2 weeks, Im not sure.

So can anybody explain to me is there any long etrm health hazards to this medication? and also if my DHT levels are really low, what does that mean?

Thanks for any info

StoptheMadness

Established Member
Reaction score
The long term risks of Propecia (which has the most info on it due to it being FDA approved) is UNKNOWN. You will find MD's uncertain about it's long term effects and reticent to prescribe it (and this has more to do with unsure effects on the prostate). The effects on DHT are really unknown. People say it causes gyno, people say it has no impact and actually causes good muscle growth. It's a small risk, like most meds, but is FDA approved. So use at your own discretion. You should infer from this that anything more potent beyond Propecia in how it effects DHT is a complete and utterly unknowable and therefore not wise to take unless one is desparate (which could be me soon :)