Long term effects of propecia?

Balding_1

Established Member
Reaction score
I went to a walk in clinic today to renew my prescription for propecia as usual. Lately, however, everytime I go in the doctor seems to not approve of propecia, and this guy scheduled me to get a blood test. Makes me a little nervous about long term effects. I have been using it for over a year now. Anyone got any info on this? Should I be worried?

jeffsss

Reaction score
Balding_1 said:
I went to a walk in clinic today to renew my prescription for propecia as usual. Lately, however, everytime I go in the doctor seems to not approve of propecia, and this guy scheduled me to get a blood test. Makes me a little nervous about long term effects. I have been using it for over a year now. Anyone got any info on this? Should I be worried?

men have been using proscar longer than propecia has even been out..

have you heard anyone getting sick and dying from either?

if it was harmful it'd be pulled from the market immediately and we'd all be rich off of a class action law suit... then................ we'd all be able to afford HM when it comes out :p

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
the doctor seems to not approve of propecia

Perhaps his medical rep doesn't pay him much for recommending it :p

Sorry just being cynical but I totally agree with the other posters, if there was a serious medical risk we'd know about it by now.

Balding_1

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats good to know. He was kinda being a dick about the whole thing. Basically, he left me with the impression that I was going to turn into a female lol. But he is the second doctor that has told me I am basically a guinea pig. But doctors dont know all pharmaceuticals and how they work. Thanks for the replys.

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If anything go to an endocrinologist and have them do your bloodwork.