Long Haired Fue With Erdogan; Any Reviews?

bandersnatchi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a procedure coming up with Erdogan and they recommended the long hair FUE procedure. It's just temple and hairline work and the ability to not have to shave anything is really important and the ability to look normal right after.

However aside from three videos detailing the process I cannot find any actual reviews or results. Can anyone attest to this process?

shookwun

Reaction score
It depends on your situation.

It's not accurate enough to guage your hair loss through an online picture exchange.

Would depend on the degree of miniaturization, and your pattern of hair loss.

If you're heading towards an advanced norwood, all through in the early stages then temple work alone isn't the best approach.

How about behind your temples, behind and along the forelock? How are these areas holding up.

A lot of variables, it's best for a doctor to make this decision in person. There is a reason my doctors shave the entire third, and transplant your bald temples, while reinforcing the entire third. IN the short run long hair fue seems like the best approach, but we need to gauge how aggressive is your hair loss, and what pattern are you headed for. I mean if you are a NW2, but have the diffuse of a NW3... going to play catch up in the future on going over the same spots to now reinforce, and transplant the temples again followed by other areas.

Might only have the visual look of a NW2, but be balding as a NW3-4.

bandersnatchi

My Regimen
Reaction score
It depends on your situation.

It's not accurate enough to guage your hair loss through an online picture exchange.

Would depend on the degree of miniaturization, and your pattern of hair loss.

If you're heading towards an advanced norwood, all through in the early stages then temple work alone isn't the best approach.

How about behind your temples, behind and along the forelock? How are these areas holding up.

A lot of variables, it's best for a doctor to make this decision in person. There is a reason my doctors shave the entire third, and transplant your bald temples, while reinforcing the entire third. IN the short run long hair fue seems like the best approach, but we need to gauge how aggressive is your hair loss, and what pattern are you headed for. I mean if you are a NW2, but have the diffuse of a NW3... going to play catch up in the future on going over the same spots to now reinforce, and transplant the temples again followed by other areas.

Might only have the visual look of a NW2, but be balding as a NW3-4.

I'm an NW2 with slight thinning behind the temples. Family history-wise my hairline is about what my father and grandfather have right now.

Is it possible to reinforce frontal third using long hair FUE? I know it would be more difficult but is it still possible?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro just shave down and spare yourself the trouble later

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
What kind of trouble might I run into?

Having to get a second transplant much sooner because you didn't get your thinning areas reinforced. You want to go through the hassle of a transplant as few times as possible

bandersnatchi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Having to get a second transplant much sooner because you didn't get your thinning areas reinforced. You want to go through the hassle of a transplant as few times as possible
That makes sense, and I understand that. I was mainly inquiring about Erdogan's method. As I understand it he is one of the best and takes into account future loss; the video I saw (2500 grafts) was a very diffuse NW5-looking fellow and it looked like post-op he had everything reinforced. The reason I came to the forum to ask is because I haven't heard of any reviews on the net so I was reaching out. I'm definitely going to have to weigh the options and risk

shookwun

Reaction score
Hair transplant are a lot of bullshit to go through. It's a very long recovery.

If you have slight thinning behind the temples then you are obviously heading towards a more advanced stage.

When I went in for my second transplant my doctor assessed my hair loss, and noticed that behind my transplant was starting to thin a little. Nothing alarming, but would need to be addressed in the future. If you have diffuse behind a NW2... you're almost guaranteed to have a bald spot behind your transplant in the future. Unless he reinforces this.

Again, he needs to assess you in person. HE might decide shaving would be a better option if your frontal third is in bad condition.

Long hair fue is good for people with healthy stabilized hair.

bandersnatchi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair transplant are a lot of bullshit to go through. It's a very long recovery.

If you have slight thinning behind the temples then you are obviously heading towards a more advanced stage.

When I went in for my second transplant my doctor assessed my hair loss, and noticed that behind my transplant was starting to thin a little. Nothing alarming, but would need to be addressed in the future. If you have diffuse behind a NW2... you're almost guaranteed to have a bald spot behind your transplant in the future. Unless he reinforces this.

Again, he needs to assess you in person. HE might decide shaving would be a better option if your frontal third is in bad condition.

Long hair fue is good for people with healthy stabilized hair.

Sounds good and I appreciate all of your advice. Very valuable to me.

I asked Dr Erdogan if he could reinforce thinnng areas with the long hair FUE method and they said that they could. I wanted to see if anyone in this forum knew about this

shookwun

Reaction score
I want to limit the amount of procedures I need to get. I have to buzz my head in May anyway so maybe I can arrange to move my procedure to that timeframe.
I believe this would be in the best of your interests.

As I said, i dont believe any surgeon who is reputable would just transplant your bald spots if there is apparent miniaturization behind the transplanted area.

I would Buzz the hair, can still get long hair FUE..... and then you can have your entire frontal third reinforced.

Don't need to shave

bandersnatchi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe this would be in the best of your interests.

As I said, i dont believe any surgeon who is reputable would just transplant your bald spots if there is apparent miniaturization behind the transplanted area.

I would Buzz the hair, can still get long hair FUE..... and then you can have your entire frontal third reinforced.

Don't need to shave

Based on your knowledge would long hair reinforcement still be possible?

shookwun

Reaction score
With long hair, I can't see it being accurate, but it's possible.

At the front of the hairline and behind your temples.

But it's not as accurate as shaving. If you still want hair then buzz it before the transplant.

bandersnatchi

My Regimen
Reaction score
As I usually say, if you're not even ready to shave your head for a hair transplant, forget about it, you don't have what it takes to have one.

Fred, just to clear it up so there's no misconceptions, I don't personally care about buzzing my head, I've done it before, but due to my current position/job I really can't do it for professional reasons that I'm sure you can understand.

http://www.hairtransplantfue.org/long-hair-fue

The 2500 graft video is the one that turned me onto the long hair FUE process. Obviously, the hairs will still fall out and you'll have a noticeable change but in my case I won't need that many grafts. My main qualm is that my temples are rounded in that M-shape and I wanted to slightly straighten my hairline and have some more defined temple angle closure, and of course reinforce the slight diffuse area that's about .5cm behind my temporal hairline.

I'll put some pictures up in a little bit.

Family history-wise, my father is approaching 60 and is a NW3 with slight vertex thinning. In my opinion he has an extremely good head of hair, matches his age. My grandfather on my mother's side is a NW0, literally no loss whatsoever and he is 95. Father's side is an NW3 as well. I feel comfortable enough with my situation and family history/genetics to move forward with a transplant and I would like to get it done sooner rather than later; why spend more time lacking confidence? The only issue is the shaved head situation, I simply cannot do that right now as mentioned. I would if I could.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
You could go for something like this in the recipient area. Shaves into the thin areas to reinforce them, with hair kept long enough to probably cover it with some tactical styling. Dudes hair looks incredibly thick apart from the immediate hairline/temple area so I don't think there's anything further to reinforce behind the shaved area. Obviously the donor area is another issue, if you need that to be unshaved.

http://www.hairestorationetwork.com...ula-medikemos-clinic-1732-fus-manual-fue.html

bandersnatchi

My Regimen
Reaction score
You could go for something like this in the recipient area. Shaves into the thin areas to reinforce them, with hair kept long enough to probably cover it with some tactical styling. Dudes hair looks incredibly thick apart from the immediate hairline/temple area so I don't think there's anything further to reinforce behind the shaved area. Obviously the donor area is another issue, if you need that to be unshaved.

http://www.hairestorationetwork.com...ula-medikemos-clinic-1732-fus-manual-fue.html
thanks! I'll let into this as well.

bandersnatchi

My Regimen
Reaction score
down.jpg right.jpg left.jpg

Downward view doesn't look bad at all to me but what bothers me are my profile views. This is with wet, slicked back hair. I just wanted to fill in the temple area a little but and lower the hairline about 1-1.5cm and straighten it out. I have a very distinct "M" shape from the front, and that's what bothers me more than anything. Koray quoted me at 2500 grafts which I know is too much, but they said a new quote would come in person since it's very hard to do over pictures. I was told by 3 other doctors I would only need 1000-1500; told ASMED this and they said that it's likely I'll need more towards that amount.

shookwun

Reaction score
2500 is ridiculous

1000-1500 seems about right.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
2500 lol, only Erdogan would quote that much. Can't see the need for more than 1000/1500