Long Hair Center (Istanbul, Turkey); Dr Ahmet Yildirim

hopeful24

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'll be transiting through Turkey on the way back to the U.S this Sunday, May 30th. I have a long 9 hour layover in Istanbul and have scheduled an appointment at the Long Hair Center for a consult. I just randomly came across this center doing google research and what stood out to me where the reviews stating that the doctor stays with you through the entire procedure. They also supposedly do a maximum of one and no more than two procedures a day.

Link

I called them and the rep I spoke with seemed friendly and knowledgeable. He said it was a guarantee that the doctor would stay with me till the end and for 90% of the entire procedure.

Any advice on what to ask during the consult apart from the obvious like price and the number of grafts that I would need? I plan on taking pictures and videos and if requested can post them here. I might even have some time to squeeze in another visit to a different center to compare the different experiences. Any recommendations?

Hopefully I'll be impressed and convinced enough to come back and go through the process either with them or someone else. I'm a 2/2A on the Norwood scale with minor thinning on the crown and frontal region/ hairline. I've been on the big 3 for the last 10 years but turning just 40, I've started to prematurely grey and have decided to go with a hair transplant.

hopeful24

Reaction score
I also booked a face to face consultation with the reputable Dr. Bicer after the above appointment. I think this will be a good comparison starting point for me which should help me with identifying differences between the two providers.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Reviews mean nothing and are mostly fake, solid results are what you need. You can ask who is doing the extraction, incisions, what size punch is used..etc the dr might be in and out just keeping an eye on you. Check out Erdogan, Keser, or if you’re on a budget, Asuman, Saitcan, Medek

Sphynx33

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a transplant from Long Hair center 2 months ago.
I can tell you that I saw Dr Ahmet yildirim only during the incisions.
I can't say people lied on comments, but I am personally not happy with the process. Maybe because I refused they take photos?
Assistant worked so fast... Not happy at all ( 6hours work only for 4500 grafts , and who knows how many did they take from my donor area?).
I had a very good donor area hopefully, because after 2 months I still have several holes... But let's wait 3 months and see if it is over harvesting or temporary shedding.
I had healing problem also due to over density this time ( Let's wait the final result).
I can also add that Dr Ahmet yildirim doesn't advise about the front line. I was expecting professional advises according to my age, but nothing. He even trend to lower the front line.
I finally choose a line lower than my original one :( ( I might see next year if I decide to do a FUE to correct it or not because I want to look my age , not 18).

It's a paradox, because I'm pretty sure the team is skilled, but I had a bad feeling and there is no " family " at all. No advice for the frontal line, nobody speaks English and they take money first. Let's see the final result before judging.

hopeful24

Reaction score
I had a transplant from Long Hair center 2 months ago.
I can tell you that I saw Dr Ahmet yildirim only during the incisions.
I can't say people lied on comments, but I am personally not happy with the process. Maybe because I refused they take photos?
Assistant worked so fast... Not happy at all ( 6hours work only for 4500 grafts , and who knows how many did they take from my donor area?).
I had a very good donor area hopefully, because after 2 months I still have several holes... But let's wait 3 months and see if it is over harvesting or temporary shedding.
I had healing problem also due to over density this time ( Let's wait the final result).
I can also add that Dr Ahmet yildirim doesn't advise about the front line. I was expecting professional advises according to my age, but nothing. He even trend to lower the front line.
I finally choose a line lower than my original one :( ( I might see next year if I decide to do a FUE to correct it or not because I want to look my age , not 18).

It's a paradox, because I'm pretty sure the team is skilled, but I had a bad feeling and there is no " family " at all. No advice for the frontal line, nobody speaks English and they take money first. Let's see the final result before judging.

I somewhat agree with you. I had mine done with them back in June and wasn't happy with them regarding the process but the outcome a week shy of 6 months is looking very good so far. Fingers crossed that yours will turn out the same as well.

The part that I wasn't happy with was when they drew the hairline just prior to surgery. It was rushed for me. My hair had grown at that point and the natural hairline for my temple areas I chose looked okay comparing it from my grown hair at the time but I wished they'd allowed me to make the final decision after they had buzzed my hair. I would have lowered it a bit more in hindsight to match my center hairline. They told me that ahead of time so it's not all their fault. Apart from that mine took about 6.5 hours for 3150 or so grafts and yes i declined to lower my hairline when dr Yildrim suggested it at the initial consult which I'm glad I did. Overall the techs looked like they were experienced and he at least came in the room throughout the day to check the progress and did open up the channels himself as well.

Maybe you can post some pics here and If you do I'll do the same as well so we can compare :)

Mountinvan

Reaction score
G--please post pics. I was not aware that results could be had in a few months. This is, indeed, wonderful and very amazing.