Long And Detailed Article Questioning Dht As The Cause Of Baldness

Addendum

My Regimen
Reaction score
Long and detailed article questioning DHT as the cause of baldness.

Here’s an extract:

“We’re attempting to answer one of the most challenging paradoxes in hair loss research: If the male hormone DHT causes hair loss, but DHT-inhibiting drugs like Propecia only stop or partially reverse hair loss… then how come hormone replacement therapy for male-to-female trans patients (reducing DHT + increasing estrogen) can lead to near-full hair recoveries?

I know that’s a mouthful, so let’s slow down the hormone replacement therapy (HRT) paradox more:

Research shows the male hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT) causes hair loss but research also shows that stopping DHT production doesn’t regrow all lost hair. It typically just stops hair loss, and sometimes leads to partial hair recoveries. However, male-to-female HRT patients (who take drugs to decrease DHT and increase estrogen) have achieved full hair recoveries. The question is… why? If DHT causes hair loss, but reducing DHT typically only stops hair loss… then how come reducing DHT + increasing estrogen can lead to major hair regrowth?

This is a complex and caveated question — with a complex and caveated answer. And in order to explain why MTF hormone replacement therapy regrows hair, we actually need to answer two questions:

First — if DHT causes hair loss, why doesn’t stopping DHT production regrow all lost hair?
Secondly — how can stopping DHT production + increasing estrogen lead to full regrowth?

In the next few sections, we’ll tackle that first question. We’ll reveal the evidence behind the “DHT causes hair loss” claim. Then we’ll explain why that claim is wrong. Finally we’ll uncover the two likely drivers of hair loss — calcification and fibrosis — where DHT fits in, and how calcification and fibrosis explain why stopping DHT halts hair loss, but doesn’t necessarily reverse it.”

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
The height of the hair explaining the pattern,...., I don´t fix it, but nearly, nearly ;)
The figure 2 i
IMP forma craneo y apoyo almohada y calvicie.JPG
s interesting to me

Last edited:

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s not DHT that affects hair loss. it’s all androgens. Test included.

As for why some people regrow lost hair and why some don’t when using finasteride / dutasteride , you have to take into consideration there are probably hundreds of other pathways that benefit / inhibit growth .. WNT, DKK1 etc ..

Androgens of all kinds are the number one angle you must hit to stop your loss.

BeHereNow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s because DHT is only a partial cause of hair loss; androgens overall play a role. Within transgender women, they generally use anti-androgens (e.g. spironolactone, cyproterone acetate) along with estrogen which puts their levels of testosterone within castration ranges. Castration ranges of testosterone and female ranges of estrogen is the right mix for regrowth, seemingly...

BeHereNow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s because DHT is only a partial cause of hair loss; androgens overall play a role. Within transgender women, they generally use anti-androgens (e.g. spironolactone, cyproterone acetate) along with estrogen which puts their levels of testosterone within castration ranges. Castration ranges of testosterone and female ranges of estrogen is the right mix for regrowth, seemingly...

We already know extreme regimes regrow hair, I don’t know what you’re attempting to prove by posting it everywhere.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
We already know extreme regimes regrow hair, I don’t know what you’re attempting to prove by posting it everywhere.

This thread is questioning why 5AR inhibitors don’t lead to full-regrowth of lost hairs, and I am explaining why.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s not DHT that affects hair loss. it’s all androgens. Test included.

As for why some people regrow lost hair and why some don’t when using finasteride / dutasteride , you have to take into consideration there are probably hundreds of other pathways that benefit / inhibit growth .. WNT, DKK1 etc ..

Androgens of all kinds are the number one angle you must hit to stop your loss.

If T is a contributor to ΑGΑ how do people with 5ARD not go bald?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I believe that saying of ‘men with 5ARD don’t go bald’ is a myth; it’s just not greatly common, since men generally don’t have that significant sensitivity to the effect of the
less potent form of testosterone. Women have less DHT compared to men, and still manage to suffer with female pattern hair loss. Most of the time, they don’t respond to 5AR inhibitors. Women just seemingly have a greater sensitivity to the effects of androgens.

Last edited:

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This will sound stupid, and I don’t care. But there is certain native Americans that do not possess the balding gene, correct?

Why can’t they map their genome and pinpoint the different mutation that seemingly protects them from losing their hair?

BeHereNow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This will sound stupid, and I don’t care. But there is certain native Americans that do not possess the balding gene, correct?

Why can’t they map their genome and pinpoint the different mutation that seemingly protects them from losing their hair?

Because even if there is a resistant race of people it won’t result from a single mutation.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score

They will do eventually with age it’s just extremely uncommon . You’d have to have insane balding genetics to go bald on just test at an early age.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They will do eventually with age it’s just extremely uncommon . You’d have to have insane balding genetics to go bald on just test at an early age.

Well that's not what researchers observed.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well that's not what researchers observed.

Researching those invidiuals is one sided . There aren’t that many to give a half decent representation of the reality . Go and take large amounts of dutasteride to rid yourself of all DHT and run a big test cycle (1gram+ a week) and you will lose your hair still . All androgens play a role in the process .