LLLT Hairmax Laser comb Review and pictures.

dark&bald

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been using Hairmax's Laser Comb for the past six weeks. I'm using this thread as a blog, review, and discussion for LLLT. Feel free to post questions, comments, and everything else related to LLLT and my hair loss. I've been around the forum for a long time now. Feel free to search my username and see my past threads in which I first revealed my hair loss a few years ago.

This picture is from one year ago and I'll be using it as baseline. I think it's a good picture of my hair loss and how it progressed over the past 3-4 years. I can see thinning in the crown and thinning in the front with the classical horseshoe shape.
CIMG0949_zps5a075dd0.jpg

2 weeks ago #1 trimmer gaurd all around (about 4 weeks using LLLT)
CIMG1274_zps5d4bbe58.jpg

Today (2 weeks from #1 haircut and 6 weeks LLLT)
CIMG1283_zps29f13df3.jpg

CIMG1276_zps7a965c92.jpg

CIMG1275_zps2f8f5ccd.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

3 years ago. I'm hoping I can get my hair back to this.
CIMG0213_zps83d9b687.jpg

dark&bald

Established Member
Reaction score
Almost 11 weeks LLLT and back down to a #1. Really satisfied with the results. My hair has better texture and I think the pictures show an improvement as well. Impressive results for 11 in my opinion.
CIMG1331_zpsea0f9c47.jpg

CIMG1332_zps9bf90598.jpg

CIMG1337_zps23b43747.jpg

CIMG1347_zpsf6ae1c14.jpg

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
and you got that by only using your laser thing??

dark&bald

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm using hairmax laser comb. I purchased the advanced 7 which is 300. I use it every other day on just the top portion of my hair. I don't have an exact time I use it for buy I would say about 15 mins and 6 front to back passes on the top of my head only.

after using the laser comb, I use extra virgin coconut oil as a leave in conditioner. I use just enough oil to make my hair shinny as if I had gel in it not overly greasy. Apart from some minor dietary changes, that's all I do for now.

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
well congrats that's impressive indeed

drfumanchu

Reaction score
Do you have updates on your progress? I'm considering the same model of Hairmax. Do you really recommend it?

dark&bald

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed response.... I've been using the laser comb for about 6 months now. I pretty sure my hairloss has progressed since starting the laser comb but I'm sure it has helped some that's why I continue to use it. Do I recommend it? Only if you realistic about the results you can achieve and you are committed enough to stick with a regimen. I use it about 30 mins 3 X week so the time does add up and you have to be committed. If I had to describe my results, I would say it comparable to minoxidil with out the side effects and drawbacks. If I use it in the morning, it makes me feel my hair looks better and stronger. I think it would be a great addition to almost any regimen the only downside being the time needed to use it.

drfumanchu

Reaction score
Thanks. I just got one and will combine it with my actual minoxidil+supplements regime. Let's hope it does something.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. If you would not mind documenting your experience with b/a pics, this would be an invaluable contribution to all prospective persons interested in seeking complementary tool options to maintain and or combat their hair loss. Much appreciated and I wish you success in your decision to try LLT.

dark&bald

Established Member
Reaction score
Best of luck. I experienced a shed about two weeks after starting. Don't be alarmed if you hair starts to look thinner. You must wait till 6 months if you decide to stop using it.

Brand_X

Reaction score
What's the word on laser combs? I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I thought it really worked, but from what I've read they appear to be bunkum. This review warns that the manufacturer of HairMax base their results on how subjects "feel" about their hair NOT actual measurable results. That to me screams "BULL****".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ffee-head-His-Hers-guide-hair-loss-cures.html
Another article with various opinions: http://blog.americanhairloss.org/hair-loss/laser-hair-loss-therapy-does-it-work/

Trouble is, a million opinions aren't worth half as much as one fact.

- - - Updated - - -

I've read a couple more articles, and it's not looking good. :thumbdown2:
FDA clearance is not the same thing as FDA approved, the device is cleared but I don't think it has FDA approval as a treatment for hair loss. It's safe, but so is rubbing a potato on your head.
Looks like a dud.

drfumanchu

Reaction score
I bought a hairmax based on the data published in the latest study from this year (american journal of clinical dermatology). The study seems really well done and the results are positive enough to justify the buy.
I think the same about opinions, that's why I became convinced with the data presented by the study.

dark&bald

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought a hairmax based on the data published in the latest study from this year (american journal of clinical dermatology). The study seems really well done and the results are positive enough to justify the buy.
I think the same about opinions, that's why I became convinced with the data presented by the study.

How are you making out so far?

Tharock12344

Reaction score
Best of luck. I experienced a shed about two weeks after starting. Don't be alarmed if you hair starts to look thinner. You must wait till 6 months if you decide to stop using it.

Hey, so final verdict?! How's it going for you? Have you added anything new to your routine? Update pictures? Your pictures looked pretty great..

dark&bald

Established Member
Reaction score
thank you.....

The final verdict isn't out yet. However, I feel I'm making progress continually. I'm still using the laser comb 3X a week/ 20-30 minutes. No significant changes to my regimen other than eliminating dairy almost completely which I feel has helped (I'm slightly lactose).

Take a look at these pictures from an earlier post. Not everyone is convinced that I have regrown hair but my hair looks thicker to me and the thinning is a lot less noticeable. I'm hoping for more improvement continuing on my regimen.
I just took a picture today. I buzzed my head with a #1 guard all around about a week ago.
CIMG1632_zps888869e0.jpg

This picture is after 4 weeks of LLLT. It was taken the day a buzzed my head or the day after. My new clippers cut much shorter than my old ones so I think it's fair to say that should be taken into consideration when comparing the pictures.

CIMG1274_zps5d4bbe58.jpg

Tharock12344

Reaction score
thank you.....

The final verdict isn't out yet. However, I feel I'm making progress continually. I'm still using the laser comb 3X a week/ 20-30 minutes. No significant changes to my regimen other than eliminating dairy almost completely which I feel has helped (I'm slightly lactose).

Take a look at these pictures from an earlier post. Not everyone is convinced that I have regrown hair but my hair looks thicker to me and the thinning is a lot less noticeable. I'm hoping for more improvement continuing on my regimen.

Yeah, I saw that! I purchased a hairmax lux 9 - thought I would give it a try. Your hair looks noticeably thicker in some pics - don't know how far that is off your baseline. Did your thinning hair actually become thicker, or what was the case?

dark&bald

Established Member
Reaction score
it definitely regrows hair you have lost and reverses the miniaturization process. It took a long time but I started noticing hairs popping up around my hair line. Also, the hairs that have miniaturized are growing at full length now. I assume that this is what is happening on the rest of my head. I never used minoxidil but based on the results that some have had on this forum, I think the laser comb results are similar to minoxidil's

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I saw that! I purchased a hairmax lux 9 - thought I would give it a try. Your hair looks noticeably thicker in some pics - don't know how far that is off your baseline. Did your thinning hair actually become thicker, or what was the case?

best of luck. The most important thing is to stick with the regimen and be patient with the results. Many people have experienced a shed within the first few weeks of starting so don't be alarmed if it happens to you. Also, it's best to use the laser comb after you have washed or at least thoroughly rinsed your hair as oil on the scalp will block the light from hitting the follicles. Take some pictures and share your results if you don't mind.

Tharock12344

Reaction score
it definitely regrows hair you have lost and reverses the miniaturization process. It took a long time but I started noticing hairs popping up around my hair line. Also, the hairs that have miniaturized are growing at full length now. I assume that this is what is happening on the rest of my head. I never used minoxidil but based on the results that some have had on this forum, I think the laser comb results are similar to minoxidil's

- - - Updated - - -

best of luck. The most important thing is to stick with the regimen and be patient with the results. Many people have experienced a shed within the first few weeks of starting so don't be alarmed if it happens to you. Also, it's best to use the laser comb after you have washed or at least thoroughly rinsed your hair as oil on the scalp will block the light from hitting the follicles. Take some pictures and share your results if you don't mind.

Nice, I'm hoping it'll do the same for me! I'm pretty thorough with maintaining a strict routine. When did you really start noticing a difference? And do you use the device longer/more than they advise on the pamphlet? Don't see how it would hurt...?! haha

dark&bald

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice, I'm hoping it'll do the same for me! I'm pretty thorough with maintaining a strict routine. When did you really start noticing a difference? And do you use the device longer/more than they advise on the pamphlet? Don't see how it would hurt...?! haha
hard to say exactly when I noticed a difference. Some days it looks good and some days it looks like your losing. I'm sure you been there. Either way, you have to give it 6 months before quitting so you'll have a good indication by then.

Start out slow and work your way up to a routine you can commit too. You definitely don't want to overdue it starting out because most people to experience a shed and no need to make that worse than it has to be. lol