LLLT device

Stefanovic

Reaction score
Could anyone recommend me a good and strong LLLT device. I checked out the OMG website but I'm not a technical person and don't understand anything of it and apart from that it's hard to seperate the haox from the good stuff.

I also noticed greying people ( like me) report darkening of their greying hair. After how much time can you expect that effect? Thank u so much.

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NU6wFHjNKk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3oTKY3T1DY

As you can just 1 year later this dude is shaving his head. I guess the Igrow lllt device didn't work?

The FDA regulations on devices are very lenient. I'm guessing these devices aren't a long-term solution. That's just my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

As long as we are talking about the guy in those videos... He is most definitely a shill for Igrow LLLT. He gives them away for free in his videos... Definitely Igrow is funding him giving the product positive reviews. It's no coincidence this guy comes out with a bull**** post finasteride syndrome youtube video to scare people. This is a great example of someone making up horror stories to boost their product's sales.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
The FDA regulations on devices are very lenient. I'm guessing these devices aren't a long-term solution. That's just my opinion.

It's not a solution for any term. LLLT simply doesn't work. It's snake oil.

ThatHairStruggle

Established Member
Reaction score
LLLT is quite simply a waste of money. When I heard about laser combs and helmets I spent hours researching the devices and the technology behind them, because they're all soo much damn money. The basic bottom line is that red lasers do marginally help hair growth for a very small amount of people. I don't understand the science behind it but it does work to varying degrees for a select few people. The sad thing is that you're basically paying hundreds of dollars for red lasers, the exact same tech that's in a bar code scanner, or a light up keychain.
So I'd say buy some red laser pointers and rig them to a bike helmet if you're really set on LLLT. Just get low level (read: weak) lasers so you don't burn your hair/scalp.

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
Hairchaser, as much as I want to believe that a stupid laser can salvage hair, you are coming off as a shill and a red flag is coming off in my head to disbelieve everything you say based on the way you present it. Now if Notcoolanymore, hellouser, or someone with credibility starts praising that the igrow works then I might be convinced.

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe you're right. But I read so many different reviews that the evidence is contradictory. How the Igrow works and the rest of them don't. And how the shamu one is the way to go or whatever fish tale you bring to the table. I'm just not buying it. That's a lot of mula to be scammed out of.

Stefanovic

Reaction score
Please only serious reactions. If you say it's bull****, then tell me why it's even on pubmed ( pretty recent studies). I suppose it depends on the kind of diodes and strength used.

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
I really wish I had $1,000 to throw away to prove that this is bull****. Has anyone with any credibility ever tried it? Spencer Kobren doubts its efficacy, and so do most veterans. Could be that we are stubborn old farts that are trying to keep the new out. I think it's a fad that's been going on since the 70's that comes and goes. With post finasteride syndrome scaring everyone off of finasteride some Company's got some clever marketing and paid off the FDA and came out with an easy cheap inexpensive scam to con men out of their money. But I haven't tried it myself so I can't personally say I know it doesn't work. But I know scam when I see one, and this sure smells like a ****ty poopfest scam to me.

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
:agree:

Stefanovic

Reaction score
It doesn't seem like you have knowledge of it, no experience as well. There's a difference in strength, studies on pubmed,.....It would be better to elaborate on it with people giving real reviews and comments.

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
It doesn't seem like you have knowledge of it, no experience as well. There's a difference in strength, studies on pubmed,.....It would be better to elaborate on it with people giving real reviews and comments.
link please

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19466643

Conclusion: Larger, longer-term placebo-controlled studies are needed to confirm these findings, and demonstrate statistical significance, or refute them altogether.

This didn't seem too promising to me. Simply not worth the money.

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
I just hate how people try to take advantage of us vulnerable balding men. You become so desperate for something like this to work that you spend the money in hope that it does only to yield dissapointing results. Anyone out there try this? Or is there a good thread to read up on this crap?

bhobho

Reaction score
Hello guys, i'm an italian member. I have lurking on this forum (2y2r's thread about dermaroller). I'm also a member of an italian forum. We have some attestation about LLLT (with some nice pics). If you want i'll post the link. I have to say that i am a little bit sceptical about this stuff and i think that the helmet is too expensive to buy it just for try... but the pics are all promising (but one,,,)

On the italian forum i have the same nickname, so you'll get that i don't sell this helmet. I have no interest. So if you want belive in pics good, if you don't want...good anyway :D

Have a nice day

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah show the pics. Must analyze.