Live Imaging Of Stem Cell And Progeny Behaviour In Physiological Hair-follicle Regeneration

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
they just have to get the DP cells back to work and stop the epithelial cells from constricting the DP, right?

it must more strange, epithelial cells are vital but certeanly constric the dermal papilla. I imagine the root of hair similar a extrusion machine and then EP cells rounding DP cells in anagen hairs have a positive effect.
BTW in these movies, enlarging the "protohair", where is the circulatory sistem?

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it must more strange, epithelial cells are vital but certeanly constric the dermal papilla. I imagine the root of hair similar a extrusion machine and then EP cells rounding DP cells in anagen hairs have a positive effect.

I believe they're talking about something like apical constriction of the epithelial cells. You can see this in Movie S7.

BTW in these movies, enlarging the "protohair", where is the circulatory sistem?

They said:

To visualize directly the hair-follicle stem cells and progeny, we used a transgenic mouse line that marks all of the epithelial nuclei in the skin by expressing a fusion protein of histone H2B with green fluorescent protein (GFP) driven by the keratin 14 promoter (K14H2BGFP)

Keratin 14 is an epithelial cell marker. Therefore, only epithelial cells produce green fluorescent protein in these mice. Cells of the circulatory system, which don't express Keratin 14, don't light up.