Little patch with less dense hair

scud666

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got this patch of hair on the right side of my hairline. its slightly behind my hairline so i guess it MIGHT not be an aggressive hairline recession. my other side is fine, with normal density of hair. Is this little patch a sign of male pattern baldness or is it some other thing?

thanks in advance.

Cassin

Reaction score
scud666 said:
I've got this patch of hair on the right side of my hairline. its slightly behind my hairline so i guess it MIGHT not be an aggressive hairline recession. my other side is fine, with normal density of hair. Is this little patch a sign of male pattern baldness or is it some other thing?

thanks in advance.

A lot of people notice one side is thicker than the other when they first notice they are losing hair.

Including me. Of course I had this wonderful point brought to my attention by my barber as he bluntly and loudly brought it to my attention I was starting to go bald.

The Gardener

Reaction score
I had a similar experience... not with a 'patch' but generally my right temple thinned far faster than the left. Not only that, but after my minoxidil regime my right temple was the slower of the two to respond. The left temple looks fantastic, but the right temple is lagging behind about a month from the left.

I asked my girlfriend's boss, a dermotologist, about this. He doesn't specialize in hair, but he did say that what I was experiencing was common. Human hair grows in a spiral, and one side is generally 'stronger' than the other.