Little flakes/balls of glue going everywhere once Ghostbond hold begins to let up.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Glue, for me, has been a horrible part of the wearing process.

I love the hairpieces and cuts I get - but bonding is another story.

When I used tape, everything was ridiculously easy.

But I'm allergic to it & can only use white glue without irrittion.

It has NOTHING on tape. It's such a f*****g chore to use & apply well, but that's only the beginning of it.

The not-intact glue that manifests itself once the bond begins to break down & parts of the base of the hairpiece lift IS A NIGHTMARE TO DEAL WITH.

It is not easy to remove, IMO. Alcohol & cotton wool are ok, but also lead to mess. Oil and conditioners seem to work better.

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING TO DEAL WITH THIS NONSENSE?

I, of course, hate the way it looks - but beyond that, I'm always bothered it will ruin my systems hair. Once adhesive gets in it, water and products become the Enemy - leading to all types of tangling and matting of the hair

DarthJoking

My Regimen
Reaction score
Glue, for me, has been a horrible part of the wearing process.

I love the hairpieces and cuts I get - but bonding is another story.

When I used tape, everything was ridiculously easy.

But I'm allergic to it & can only use white glue without irrittion.

It has NOTHING on tape. It's such a f*****g chore to use & apply well, but that's only the beginning of it.

The not-intact glue that manifests itself once the bond begins to break down & parts of the base of the hairpiece lift IS A NIGHTMARE TO DEAL WITH.

It is not easy to remove, IMO. Alcohol & cotton wool are ok, but also lead to mess. Oil and conditioners seem to work better.

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING TO DEAL WITH THIS NONSENSE?

I, of course, hate the way it looks - but beyond that, I'm always bothered it will ruin my systems hair. Once adhesive gets in it, water and products become the Enemy - leading to all types of tangling and matting of the hair

Theres a huge difference between an allergic reaction and a skin irritation.
I mainly have the latter with many many tapes.
I patch test everything for 24 hours on my arm with a plaster over it.

So far I can only wear a hair system 3-4 days otherwise I get irritation and quite bad itching from the tapes no matter what base type. I tried thin skin, hybrid and now full French lace.
Walker max hold sport scalp protector is pretty useless I find too. Maybe gives me an extra day,wow. lol

Glues I cannot tolerate solvent based. The vapour gives me an asthma attack and all I tried caused a reaction on the patch test.
Water based glues don't hold past a few days for me. I've tried Ghostbond regular,XL and Platinium.
I will try Safe Grip and Great White soon.

Tapes left for me to try:
Walker 1522,Natural Hold,Lace Front blue,Easy Green.
I've tried about 10 others all causing irritation and itching after a few days.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I get what's obviously contact dermatitis. Skin is red, inflamed & incredibly, incredibly itchy. Cortisone cream for a few days while, of course, not wearing.

I get the same reaction from clear glue.

This is such a b**ch. Of all things I can be allergic to why does it have to do w my TOUPEE!!!

I _HATE_ Ghostbond. I'm so sick of its pathetic hold time & messy nature.

Maybe I'll just get really thick poly, the kind that hugs the head, and just sort of wear it. I'm sick of this nonsense.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, btw, have you tried scalp protector w Ghostbond? I feel it helped, to a point. I've heard using too much may give bad results & I absolutely overdid it.

Rijad

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you hate Ghost Bond, or Glue in general, Tape is the way to go. That is also the reason I chose 0.08 Poly piece instead of Lace or Ultra thin poly. Lace system looks more natural, but using glue then cleaning it up after a week is a big no for me.

DarthJoking

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you hate Ghost Bond, or Glue in general, Tape is the way to go. That is also the reason I chose 0.08 Poly piece instead of Lace or Ultra thin poly. Lace system looks more natural, but using glue then cleaning it up after a week is a big no for me.
Like me, he has a huge issue with tapes causing skin irritation and itching.
I can't go beyond 3-4 days with tapes or the itching and irritation gets too much. It's not there on day 1-2.
And I use Walker max hold sport scalp protector which only buys me a day. lol
I might try more than one layer of that next time,too.

Walker 1522 which is inert would be a tape to try, I'm doing so when I next apply my hair system.
Although it's a 1-7 day low residue daily wear tape.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Like me, he has a huge issue with tapes causing skin irritation and itching.
I can't go beyond 3-4 days with tapes or the itching and irritation gets too much. It's not there on day 1-2.
And I use Walker max hold sport scalp protector which only buys me a day. lol
I might try more than one layer of that next time,too.

Walker 1522 which is inert would be a tape to try, I'm doing so when I next apply my hair system.
Although it's a 1-7 day low residue daily wear tape.
I actually have tried that tape. It probably was a bad batch because it would stick to scalp & piece.

I should try it again.

Tried tape w scalp protector last week & still have red marks on my head where the tape was - clearly deliniated.

I'm not aware of any other allergies I have. I f*****g hate white glue.

DarthJoking

My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually have tried that tape. It probably was a bad batch because it would stick to scalp & piece.

I should try it again.

Tried tape w scalp protector last week & still have red marks on my head where the tape was - clearly deliniated.

I'm not aware of any other allergies I have. I f*****g hate white glue.
Allergies to the scalp protector is possible too.

You could try Walker 1522 from a decent source without the scalp protector.

When I get irritation and itching from tapes after a few days,I usually don't get any marks or redness.
Which the itching goes when the tape is removed and the area is cleaned up.

It's not an allergic reaction with me,as it only happens on day 3-4. Never on day 1-2 with me.
Everything tape or adhesive I tried so far has been a let down. I've tried about 15 tapes with and without Walker max hold sport scalp protector. I tried thin skin, hybrid and now French lace base too.
I haven't been able to wear a hair system past 4 days or the itching gets terrible.
To the point it's waking me up from sleeping to itch it.

I have dry skin and oily skin,but nothing like dandruff I don't think,as when I don't wear a hair system it doesn't itch.
Other than the very occasional mild itch which is most likely normal.

I may have to do daily wear with a low residue tape like Walker 1522 if everything itches after 4 days for me.
Better than going back to shaving my head as I look sh*t shaved bald and hate having no hairstyle.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Let me know how that tape works for you, hold wise. Since you're getting irritation, and not allergic reaction, from tapes, I wouldn't be able to learn much from your exerpience, except how well 1522 works.

It literally would stick to neither the base of my poly unit (I believe I read it's designed for poly only) nor my head in any substantial way.

DarthJoking

My Regimen
Reaction score
Let me know how that tape works for you, hold wise. Since you're getting irritation, and not allergic reaction, from tapes, I wouldn't be able to learn much from your exerpience, except how well 1522 works.

It literally would stick to neither the base of my poly unit (I believe I read it's designed for poly only) nor my head in any substantial way.

Hold wise, Walker No Shine and TrueTape blue sticks very well,but major irritation and crazy itching after 3-4 days with them. My scalp felt like it was on fire too on day 3-4. Was a bit red and inflamed after too. But the itching went away when removed.
Walker max hold sport scalp protector made no real difference. Without maybe it would have occurred on day 2.

Edit: I thought it was Walker Lace Front blue I had tried but infact it was TrueTape blue that looks similar.

Last edited:

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
How about daily tape like 3M or 1522? It is claimed to be an inert tape, so it should be hypoallergenic. https://walkertapeco.com/product/1522-clear-tape-rolls/
I tried Scalp protector as well but did not like it.
I’ve tried 5122 and it didn’t even stick to things really, head or piece. Maybe it was a bad batch, as it came from Amazon. I’m going to order directly from walker, as I want to try rapid release as well.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hold wise, Walker No Shine and Walker Lace Front sticks very well,but major irritation and crazy itching after 3-4 days with them. My scalp felt like it was on fire too on day 3-4. Was a bit red and inflamed after too. But the itching went away when removed.
Walker max hold sport scalp protector made no real difference. Without maybe it would have occurred on day 2.
Ya I get the fire feeling but the onset is like 2 or 3 days and it takes a while, even w cortisone, to go away…

Rijad

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve tried 5122 and it didn’t even stick to things really, head or piece. Maybe it was a bad batch, as it came from Amazon. I’m going to order directly from walker, as I want to try rapid release as well.
I think so too. Good luck !

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just had my system on for 10 days. Walker Extreme Hold. Maximum wear - naaa. But just no irritations at all. For installing, I just put the glue to my skin and afterwards distribute (?) it with a 2 cm brush on my scalp. Just for the front I use this brush which comes with the glue. So it´s not that messy