Little Advice Please?

Kozak

Reaction score
I have had short hair for most of my life, I have recently grown it a little longer, and am wondering if I am going bald from the front. The back seems fine. My grandpa on my mom's side was 100% bald, which kinda worries me, he is the only one in my family that I know of that went bald. I am almost 30, I notice some hairs in the bathroom here and there, but nothing really major.

What do you guys think? Should I start doing something, or does my hair look natural?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 140
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 133
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 138
  • photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    106 KB · Views: 133
  • photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 123
  • photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 124
  • photo (6).JPG
    photo (6).JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 133

cs2

Reaction score
You have a full head of hair and a high hair line.
I don't think you have hair loss. I think it is just a mature hair line.

weepysad

Reaction score
Yes, I would say that your hairline is almost definitely receding. You can see tiny hairs all over your hairline. This is where your hairline used to be. It is hard to judge merely by looking at photos, but I would expect some further receding since parts of your present hairline do seem to be a bit thinner. Then again, take my word with a grain of salt. All of the posts you see in these forums are only opinions. No one can judge better than you or a decent doctor who can actually examine your situation.

All that being said, in my opinion you have great hair. It isn't very likely that you have caught an aggressive male pattern baldness gene. If I were in your position, I would probably start taking 0,25-0,5 mg finasteride daily. Perhaps later, if the receeding continues, I'd also add minoxidil to the regimen. 0,25-0,5 ml twice a day would be enough. I myself use minoxidil only in the evenings, around 0,25ml around the hairline.

Should you start doing something? If your hair means something to you, yes! It is always better to be proactive. Once the damage is done to hair, it is very difficult to reverse it. Hair loss drugs generally do not do wonders. However, there is one thing you have to keep in mind - treating hair loss is life-long commitment, or at least as long as you want to keep your hair.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree. see a Doctor, get on .5-.25mg/day of finasteride.

Kozak

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Umm what kinda Doctor would one see about hairlloss? Also I have had a widows peek at the front that I have been shaving forever (don't ask why lol, a barber shaved it once when I was a kid and I have shaved it ever since) so Im pretty sure that I have not receded at the very front based on that nd pics its the sides Im worried about just FYI.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Dermatologist would be the most immediate Doctor to go to, but some say an endocrinologist(or w/e) is who should really be doing it. In all honesty though any Doctor CAN prescribe it, but what doctor knows anything about it other than a tiny bit of info? I had to educate my doctor on it, and finally a med student who was shadowing him finally told the Dr. that it was true and I was not crazy about finasteride... btw he still refused to give me a prescription even after I told him I knew and understood the risks.. had to go online pharmacy in the end.

Lots of info on both sides about side effects. In the end it comes down to what you are willing to risk to keep your hair. Its a 2% chance of developing sides, and an undetermined(very low) percentage chance after that 2% for the sides to not stop after you stop the finasteride. The chances of keeping your hair, however is very good.