Liquid Rogaine Works better than Foam!!

Hairloss11

Reaction score
I am a living proof that liquid rogaine works better than foam rogaine. I have been on propecia and the foam for 12 months straight. Foam 2x a day religiously! I switched to the liquid about 2 months ago, went through a big shed and now my hair is better then ever! No shedding phases every month anymore. I have been at this a long time and honestly feel the ppg in the liquid had helped me regrow and maintain. If it works for me, it has to work for some of you. Its not like i didnt give the foam a chance, I must have gone through 30 bottles of that crap. Just something to think about for all you users that think foam is better than liquid. I recoommend Dr lees with PPG. Not as irritating! I will be posting some pics and and a sucess story by the end of the month. My theory is that many people dont use liquid rogaine for 2 reasons. Irritation and makes hair look greasy. The way I resolved both these issues I cut my hair to a buzz cut (number2), which makes easier applications and I always put a little less than 1ml on my head. I eased my scalp into the rogaine liquid. Yes I do have a little irritation, but its tolerable. Alot of people keep there hair longer when balding to hide spots and make the appearance they have more hair. Who the heck would apply rogaine liquid to that when it makes your hair look greasy (which would make it look more thin). I sure wouldnt. CUT YOUR HAIR PEOPLE why you are on treatment. Dont even look at your head till month 12. You will shed every 3 weeks are so and look like you are going in reverse! Just know every time , that it will come back. Its a huge rolllercoaster ride for AT LEAST 12 months, maybe even more. Be maticulous about applying the liquid, hit every spot and rub in with fingers. The biggest reason people dont succeed with hairloss treatment is not consistent and impatience.

If anyone has any questions about my treatments or success, please let me know

beaner

Reaction score
I was quite the opposite. I used the liquid for 4 years, then switched to the foam and got better results. I must be living proof that the foam is better.

Anyway, congratulations on your success with 5% minoxidil.

CCS

Reaction score
I'm living proof that 4mL of liquid minoxidil 5% on my front, twice a day, regrows a lot of long peach fuzz in 2 months. But I am on foam now. No way am I putting that mess on my hair any longer.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Foam may not be as effective, but most people don't care, because liquid dries out your scalp, causing it flake, takes hours to dry and makes your hair look like crap. I agree about the cutting the hair short when applying meds, but what if you have passed the 12 month period and want to grow your hair longer because you have had good results?

Whats the point of being on all these medications if ur only ever going to have short buzzed hair....Waste of time...May as well be bald already.

aurel

Reaction score
hairloss11:dr lee's minoxidil is it reliable and have you been succes with it?

satch5150

Reaction score
I think that it is safe to say that everybody considering minoxidil should start with liquid. If it doesn't work after 6-8 months you can try the foam but if it's working for ya don't start the foam as there are more horror stories with foam than liquid.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
The liquid minoxidil (Kirkland) basically killed my scalp health in less than a month. Foam doesn't irritate nearly as much and I think I've gotten some results on it... although I'm using only once a day. I'd be happy enough if I could maintain what I have for a few years so that I wouldn't look completely bald buzzed. I'm not expecting to get enough hair back so that I could ever grow my hair again but it's ok, I kinda like the buzz already.

verysad

Reaction score
if let's say i have seen results on the liquid, is it advisable to change to foam for better results?