Liquid minoxidil is causing dandruff, how can I treat it?

BigTexasSexy

Established Member
Reaction score
I heard of a bunch of different types of oils that could do the job, but I was hoping I could get some tips from the veterans here

Anything besides Nizoral!

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
I heard of a bunch of different types of oils that could do the job, but I was hoping I could get some tips from the veterans here

Wash hair everyday with a soft shampoo. Dandruff will dissapear. It is cause by minoxidil residue build-up which , in addition, may prevent futher absorption of the topical, if you leave your hair unwashed a couple of days.

BigTexasSexy

Established Member
Reaction score
Ya I do that. I rub the applied areas while shampooing in hopes that it will decrease the amount of flakes, but it's just not effective enough.

But I'm primarily worried about what you think it might be causing, decreased absorption. I'm sure there's something besides nizoral/other shampoos that can help

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Neutrogena T/Sal %3 shampoo works great you can find it in any drug store.

BigTexasSexy

Established Member
Reaction score
So an update for anyone who cares/has the same problem...

I went ahead with the emu oil and I decided that a application/3 days gets rid of the itch, flakes, and redness and irritation. In the past itching my applied areas was so satisfying but now it's just itching regular skin. Now to see if there really was an absorption issue….!

rcom440

Reaction score
Do not use Revita. I was actually using it but I lost a lot of hair. I know she'd is a good thing but it lasted for too long, over 7 months without any signs of regrow. Before revita I was using nizoral but after nizoral was hard to get So I jumped on revita and I regret it .

Long time ago if someone told me that revita has negative effect on hairloss I would tell them they are crazy but after my experience with that shampoo I can tell there is really something strange about it. They even don't disclose % of katekonazol.

I also read online a lot of people who were using it lost a lot of hair.
I would never recommend Revita to anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Check those reviews,
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/reviews/B002UD52WQ?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

I know it's amazon. At the beginning I thought some of those people didn't stay long enough to see results but after I start using it for around 8 months i went though never ending shed, non stop without any signs of regrow. I believe some of the people from amazon had same experience.

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Neutrogena® T/Sal® Maximum Strength Therapeutic Shampoo %3 salicylic acid
It works great

minoxiDjunkie

Established Member
Reaction score
it might be just minoxi's stuff that turned solid.
anyway nizoral is pretty good againt dands,
try washing your hair thoroughly and massage it, as well as using oils and wash them a good few hours later.