liquid and scalp conditions

hairforce9

Established Member
Reaction score
those who have used rogaine liquid or still on it can you plz explain the condition it left your scalp.

for me in the beginning my scalp was itchy and it peeled (like how your skin peels on your hand). after 1-2 weeks peeling stopped and so did the itching to a degree. The only time my scalp itches is if i irritate it and when i do scratch i get this weird very soft flaky skin stuff??? The way i see it is if im applying rogaine to my scalp and this stuff (im assuming is dead skin) is on my scalp i dont want it absorbing the minoxidil instead of my scalp. So what i do twice a week is i take a fine tooth comb and i scrap my scalp and by doing this ALOT of the dead skin stuff sheds off as well as alot of hairs.

I was wondering if others get this and if it could be treated. I dont like scraping my scalp and seeing hairs fall plz help...

Hopeman

Reaction score
i had that same weird, flaky, soft stuff too; best way to get rid of it is a rotation of nutragena T-Sal and Nizoral. When you apply either, especialy, T-Sal, leave them on your scalp for at least 2-3 minutes and make sure you wash them off thoroughly.

hairforce9

Established Member
Reaction score
thnx for the fast relpy i use nizoral 2% and extra strenght T-gel. I use each of these twice a week and for the other 3 days i use a softer shampoo. I still get this weird stuff but ill ive the T-sal a try.

paximperia

Established Member
Reaction score
I also rotate T-Gel and Nizoral. When I stopped letting the T-Gel soak in, I had the exact same problem. When I started letting it soak again, I stopped flaking.

paximperia

Established Member
Reaction score
I also rotate T-Gel and Nizoral. When I stopped letting the T-Gel soak in, I had the exact same problem. When I started letting it soak again, I stopped flaking.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I first had some slight flaking so I then switched to the comb we use on my dog (Brandy). Now I have no more flaking but instead my scalp has alot of dry blood and clumps of scab. Its isn't all that bad really but when I put the rogaine in my scalps burns uncontrolably and I ussually throw up from the pain.