liquid and foam combo

Reaction score
Guys,
What about foam in the morning (more practical) and liquid at night (seems stronger application) minoxidil/Rogaine combo. Have anyone tried this and how does it work, because I hear conflicting experiences from both sides.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
theres no problem using it that way. that should work fine. why do you think liquid version is stronger? are you using a version with a higher concentration minoxidil then the foam?

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah the foam is supposed to actually absorb like 30% better then the liquid.

I use Spectral DNC before bed and the Foam after i shower when i get up.

I just use DNC for all that added extra stuff (proc b-2, copper peptides, etc...)

grabber

Established Member
Reaction score
This is exactly what i do. Foam in the morning, 5% Minoxidil at night. Havent noticed any more shed since doing this.

Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
theres no problem using it that way. that should work fine. why do you think liquid version is stronger? are you using a version with a higher concentration minoxidil then the foam?

Not really. I just thought as an idea that sounds good because you re giving them both a chance while foaming in the morning because it is more practical. I actually haven't even thought about Spectral DNC.....good idea.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah i like the foam because it doesn't make my hair look like sh*t.

But i could care less before bed lol.

AussieExperiment

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a good idea if you have longer hair

I think this is a good idea particularly if you have longer hair. I use Dr Lee's 5% minoxidil at night and the rogaine foam in the morning for convienience. I feel that it is easier to apply the liquid to a greater area if you have longer hair but of course it takes longer to dry etc.

Having said this, I read somewhere that even if you apply minoxidil to a small area of the scalp, it will spread beneath the scalp anyway.

I guess it all depends what you are comfortable with.