Lipogaine Side Effects- 6 Month Usage

michael0990

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on an off minoxidil for about 3 years now to no progress. Only recently, probably around 6 months, I've been religious on using the recommended dosage of 2ml per day (1ml morning, 1ml night), never skipping a day. The product I've been using is Lipogaine, which has 2% minoxidil.

Everything was going well, and I noticed my hair stopped falling out and was growing thicker. Unfortunately no new hair growth but I assumed this would take more time.

Recently I've noticed some odd side effects. About 2 months ago, I've noticed dry skin under the hairs of my mustache and beard area, as well as dry skin along the sides of my nose, and then minor dry skin on my upper cheeks. Additionally, dandruff on my head. It has gotten gradually worse as the weeks went on. Lipogaine is a topical hairloss solution which is applied on the crown of the head like Rogaine. I never used it on my face.

At first, I thought this was dry skin due to cold weather living in Canada, but I've never experienced this before and I've had no drastic life changing events that would cause stress... In fact, things were going my way with graduation and a new exciting career. Additionally, the weather in Canada has been mild.

About a month ago, on top of the dry skin, I've noticed a gradual dry eye and puffiness on my cheek bones and eye lids. It has gotten progressively worse over the month of February. Ive been to the doctor and optometrist who told me my blood work and urine samples appear normal, my vision has not changed, and everything was pretty okay other than some dry eye probably caused by winter weather.

Seemed like a reasonable notion although I've noticed some things that don't add up to general dry eye symptoms. My eyes are not red or bloodshot. My pressures were tested and were normal. The burning sensation is the worst in the morning with random episodes throughout the day with no specific trigger. And oddly enough, my condition felt better when I went for a walk outside in the cool air consistently on many occasions, as if my eyes are inflamed and then are cooled down. Wouldn't the condition worsen in cold dry air if it was dry eye syndrome? I even tried over the counter and prescription based eye medications and lubricants to no relief. I have also noticed a couple of eye lashes start to grow in odd areas... such as two lashes that I have recently noticed growing out of my tear duct inner eye area. None are poking my eye.

I have stopped taking minoxidil a few days ago completely, and will monitor my situation on dry skin and dry eyes. I would rather go bald than have these awful side effects tormenting me from carrying out daily activities.

I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced similar effects and could possible share their story with me. I'm relatively young, I'm active and train physically for my job, I almost never watch tv, I'm on the computer for no more than an hour or two a day, I have no known standard allergies confirmed by many tests, I eat well and I'm not deficient to any substance standard. I started taking Lipogaine religiously because of my genetic male pattern baldness (my father was bald at 20). He never took such medications for hair and never had symptoms of dry eye in the 20 whatever years he's worked as a database admin. All these symptoms are rather shocking, but I know I'm not alone.

Thanks for listening and I hope someone could share :)