Lifting after 24 hours -- Davlyn Green

JacobT

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm having issues with lifting 24-48 hours after applying davlyn green. I clean my head as best as I can and take a shower (bare head) and clean the unit as best as I can. I apply davlyn green directly to my scalp and wait 5-10 minutes before attaching my lace unit. Still, after 24 hours it starts lifting and getting gooey underneath. What am I doing wrong?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm having issues with lifting 24-48 hours after applying davlyn green. I clean my head as best as I can and take a shower (bare head) and clean the unit as best as I can. I apply davlyn green directly to my scalp and wait 5-10 minutes before attaching my lace unit. Still, after 24 hours it starts lifting and getting gooey underneath. What am I doing wrong?

Try a stronger hold tape. I use Supertape or Walker Tape Ultra Hold. Better to use those as not only do they provide a strong hold, but you can go 2, 3 even 4 weeks between attachments. Davlyn Green is a low hold tape, so what do you expect? Ditch it asap.

JacobT

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try a stronger hold tape. I use Supertape or Walker Tape Ultra Hold. Better to use those as not only do they provide a strong hold, but you can go 2, 3 even 4 weeks between attachments. Davlyn Green is a low hold tape, so what do you expect? Ditch it asap.

Sorry, do you mean the glue is low hold? Meaning davlyn green glue isn't good for 1+ week?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, do you mean the glue is low hold? Meaning davlyn green glue isn't good for 1+ week?

Yeah, Davlyn Green is a fairly soft hold adhesive. The manufacturer claims it's for daily wear as well as extended wear (1 - 2 weeks), but many reviews online say it has a poor hold, for example here: https://www.amazon.com/Water-Adhesi...lyn+waterproof+adhesive&qid=1698234955&sr=8-2

You'd be better off with a combination of a strong hold tape (for the back and sides) and either glue or Walker lace front thin tape for the hairline. Using all glue is a pain in the *** to clean, especially for lace systems, and doesn't provide as good a hold in my experience, especially if you use low hold adhesive such as Davlyn Green.

So yeah, it's really just a case of changing the tape/glue you use to a stronger hold one, then you'll be fine.

JacobT

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, Davlyn Green is a fairly soft hold adhesive. The manufacturer claims it's for daily wear as well as extended wear (1 - 2 weeks), but many reviews online say it has a poor hold, for example here: https://www.amazon.com/Water-Adhesi...lyn+waterproof+adhesive&qid=1698234955&sr=8-2

You'd be better off with a combination of a strong hold tape (for the back and sides) and either glue or Walker lace front thin tape for the hairline. Using all glue is a pain in the *** to clean, especially for lace systems, and doesn't provide as good a hold in my experience, especially if you use low hold adhesive such as Davlyn Green.

So yeah, it's really just a case of changing the tape/glue you use to a stronger hold one, then you'll be fine.
Thank you. I do use tape just behind the glue but find that the unit starts lifting very soon after (1-2 days). What glue do you recommend? I’ll check out the tape but I find that tape doesn’t go to the ultimate edges like glue does

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you. I do use tape just behind the glue but find that the unit starts lifting very soon after (1-2 days). What glue do you recommend? I’ll check out the tape but I find that tape doesn’t go to the ultimate edges like glue does

I use Walker Ultra Hold glue. Their lace front thin tape is really good for the hairline too. If you apply it to the hair system, then you can line the tape up with the edges with a bit of practice.