Life with Finasteride and Erectile Dysfunction

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
l4bzdfN.jpg

Life without Finasteride:
PBF040-Nude_Beach.gif

(notice the lack of hair and privilege of hair in the right comic)

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just started taking finasteride :/ You're over here making me want to quit it.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wtf are you anti-finasteride now? I've been on it nearly a year and my dicks never been stronger (albeit with some better lifestyle choices in anticipation of finasteride messing with it)

Remember poster above, less than 5% of finasteride takers get ED, some studies as low as 2%. You're risking being 1 out of 20 at worst, and if you are unlucky then you just stop.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just started taking finasteride :/ You're over here making me want to quit it.

Keep going it's just a joke. Many guys take it fine, I personally could not. If you experience major sides hold off. Minor ones you might be able to truck through

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride is a f*cking joke

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wtf are you anti-finasteride now? I've been on it nearly a year and my dicks never been stronger (albeit with some better lifestyle choices in anticipation of finasteride messing with it)

Remember poster above, less than 5% of finasteride takers get ED, some studies as low as 2%. You're risking being 1 out of 20 at worst, and if you are unlucky then you just stop.

Not to hijack the thread, but what has your experience with finasteride been, h.l.? I've only taken it for 8 days now, no sides yet.. I'm kinda worried about some mega shed or something. Hoping that doesn't happen.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Goldee I think I shedded a bit but not even noticeably to other people (maybe girls I've been with though). But my hairline has moved forward in the temple's and its also really strong, like bushy, side or back of head strong. Thin fringe was the biggest problem though and its getting there, I actually think the remaining hair there had actually stopped growth at all, the barber would 'trim the fringe' like it was a novelty, taking off half a milimetre, I actually think if it was buzzed at that time then nothing would bring it back. Now it's growing, it was trimmed almost as normally as the rest of the hair, and little hairs growing in beside the central part to hopefully one day join the temple's again.

So very positive reviews from me. If it is a joke then I want to know what isn't.

It only reduces 70% DHT in the scalp. It kind of is a joke. Because even for the people who don't get the side effects, the
DHT is going to do it's damage in a matter of time.

Could I have more info please? On the long term effects.

Hairon

Established Member
Reaction score
Question about finasteride- if you shed hair due to the drug, does that hair grows back afterwards? or it's done?

TransientHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Hellouser, weren't you a big supporter of Swisstemples regimen? If so, then why don't you believe what he wrote about Finasteride and Dutasteride?

xetudor

Established Member
Reaction score
Today I learned taking Propecia = having no penis. Do you guys realise as many placebo patients dropped out of the trials as finasteride patients due to reported side effects?

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also thought this thread was an attack but seeing it again swing is right it's just a "joke", but it's really not funny enough to stand as one so it just looks anti-finasteride. It's not really that responsible towards our members and guests already ****ting themselves on finasteride.

Question about finasteride- if you shed hair due to the drug, does that hair grows back afterwards?

The idea is that the weak hairs shed and are replaced by stronger ones, so yes.

- - - Updated - - -

There's an article on the same nih website. It was done on men who already have PFS. If I remember it correctly, it was talking about neuron effects.

Keep in mind in the US, lot's of people are getting their doctorate, so they need "thesis" statement to post. In other words, take it with a grain of salt.

It may or may not be factual.

Ok well you also seem kinda anti-finasteride by going from your original matter-of-fact post to now saying its just 1 possibly questionable article. Thanks for that I'll look for it, but it does feel like on here a lot of guys are just vaguely cynical towards any treatments.

- - - Updated - - -

Cant find this article. Same nih website as what? What's nih?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is clearly the case that many people get side effects on finasteride, and irresponsible to suggest otherwise.

Taking finasteride ought to be a calculated risk, rather than a pure benefit.

A lot of people claim DHT doesn't matter, but the fact is if an alternative to finasteride were released with equal effectiveness and fewer side effects, you would all stop taking finasteride.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess it's important to know the calculations though, I admit I'm still confused. What I will say is that I've definitely seen inflated anti-finasteride stats and articles, but even for research defending finasteride it's hard to know what's real.

Is there like a finasteride megathread for this kinda thing? The only articles I've read from this forum are fairly anecdotal and inconclusive, even if interesting.

Eg: http://www.menshealth.com/health/hair-raising-effect

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess it's important to know the calculations though, I admit I'm still confused. What I will say is that I've definitely seen inflated anti-finasteride stats and articles, but even for research defending finasteride it's hard to know what's real.

Is there like a finasteride megathread for this kinda thing? The only articles I've read from this forum are fairly anecdotal and inconclusive, even if interesting.

Eg: http://www.menshealth.com/health/hair-raising-effect

My experience with male pattern baldness have amplified my general resentment, bitterness, and paranoia about the health/medical/pharmaceutical sector. I already had these from the experience of watching my father waste away from poor care of his prostate cancer, my experiences with anti-depressants during the period 2009-2011, and other factors.

In the context of this case, what we have with finasteride is a general smoke cloud of parasitic bull****. The clinical trial papers are clearly flawed, as has been documented, they are likely underestimating the rate of side effects, which is by now well-documented. We know what the rules are in the USA: For a drug to be approved you only need to submit two successful clinical trials. They could have twenty trials that are unsuccessful and not submitted. That leaves us with relying on anecdotal reports online, testimonials, PFS-researchers with limited resources, and so on to better understand the side effects. You're barely more knowledgeable there than in supplementing with illegal RU58851.

You're asking for rigorous finasteride statistics, but you won't get them from Merck due to conflict of interest, and you won't get them from PFS researchers due to lack of resources.

The main alternative to this is the army of snake-oil salesmen selling expensive laser combs, saw palmetto pills, liquid biotin, and this forum knows what else, promising results, vacuuming money, and delivering nothing in return, destroying lives.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
l4bzdfN.jpg

Life without Finasteride:
PBF040-Nude_Beach.gif

(notice the lack of hair and privilege of hair in the right comic)

Oh man, with my short time while using finasteride, how true the first image is....

I would take the 2nd scenario in a heartbeat.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Oh man, with my short time while using finasteride, how true the first image is.... I would take the 2nd scenario in a heartbeat.
You got ED from finasteride?

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
finasteride makes my sex drive 15% bigger, not smaller. I think men may get sides off of finasteride if they already aren't so masculine (low testosterone), you know the type of guy who worries over everything (some call them "beta")

Hairon

Established Member
Reaction score
finasteride makes my sex drive 15% bigger, not smaller. I think men may get sides off of finasteride if they already aren't so masculine (low testosterone), you know the type of guy who worries over everything (some call them "beta")

cool story bro

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will come onto this thread every three days or so and restate the obvious - finasteride is f*cking garbage. case closed. I am right. Finasteride is f*cking sewer trash.

Hairon

Established Member
Reaction score
It's simple, if only 2% or less of the users suffered from sexual sides, the FDA wouldn't bother to add new and additional warnings to the drug that it now may also give users sexual sides effect, they bothered and did it because obviously the users affected by sexual side effects were way more than just "2%".

DHT is a very important hormone for the male body, including the brain itself, finasteride kills it, I can only thing the longer you use it the worse it's gonna get, your body will no longer know how to deal with DHT after several years, and after 5+ years your body will probably mutate, it's just common sense, finasteride fkcs with your hormones, years after years, nothing good can come out of it in the long run. you're gonna save your hair during your 20's and 30's and when you're gonna get to 45-50 your dick will stop working. and your life will end there.