Life In The Weeks After An Fue Hair Transplant

neuromet

Reaction score
Hi all! Couple of questions regarding the period right after an FUE:
(1) How long, realistically, would it take before I could go back to work without anyone noticing something weird happened to my head? This is putting to the side the fact that all of a sudden my hair will be really short and focusing on the other effects, like crusting, scabs, and swelling.
(2) During the period after the hair transplant, as I am hiding from people who know me, I'd like to travel the world a bit. Would it be realistic to go to backpacker hotels after surgery? Or would there be too much risk of something happening to my grafts?

dr dhananjay

My Regimen
Reaction score
hello,
hair transplant is very delicate procedure and it is imperative to follow up with the aftercare for it's best result.
1. As after FUE hair transplant the grafts implanted to the scalp needs ten days to two weeks to get accepted by the scalp. You can start your work in first week also but you need to take more care for it like you need to keep your fingers away from the healing scar even though you feel itching in the implanted area. Let the healing process be completed properly with any disturbing action on it. Do normal saline spray keeps the hair transplant area clean, reduces moist and sweating and most importantly provides you with energy for graft survival.
2. if you decided to travel outside then you need to avoid strong sunlight for at least one month which can affects healing of your implanted hairs.
you should limit the activities like gym, jogging, cycling and sport for at least four weeks. Give them proper rest than letting them to suffer from atmosphere change, water change, change in diet suffering from sunlight.

GornMyson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2. if you decided to travel outside then you need to avoid strong sunlight for at least one month which can affects healing of your implanted hairs.
you should limit the activities like gym, jogging, cycling and sport for at least four weeks. Give them proper rest than letting them to suffer from atmosphere change, water change, change in diet suffering from sunlight.
I'm currently in the saving up process still but I was going to save a few extra thousand, so I could rent a cheap studio apartment in Spain for the first couple of months and grind it out there. If I'm going to have a red bald head I'd prefer to do it in a better setting. Bad idea ? I would avoid the sun like a nighthawk. Maybe go a month before transplant , get used to water and things of that nature ?

I really don't wanna be in England for that first 4 months

John Chambers

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm now nearly two months gone after surgery (3500) fue and people don't notice. Apart from fact hairline is better. I didn't really shed much after surgery so it looks great. I think I got lucky.

shookwun

Reaction score
Sucks.

You will look worse before you look better

Red scalp -pink tinge lingers around forever. Takes me seven months before it's completely gone. Most can expect the tinge to last a few - four, but it all varies from individual.

Forget the idea of people not noticing, because they will. Unless you can take a leave of absence for a couple months, then there is no way around the post hurdle of looking like garbage.

A month at minimum.

GornMyson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sucks.

You will look worse before you look better

Red scalp -pink tinge lingers around forever. Takes me seven months before it's completely gone. Most can expect the tinge to last a few - four, but it all varies from individual.

Forget the idea of people not noticing, because they will. Unless you can take a leave of absence for a couple months, then there is no way around the post hurdle of looking like garbage.

A month at minimum.
What do you know about the atmosphere change and diet change etc. I work in construction so I can take off as much time as I want. I really don't wanna be in miserable England during this process it would drive me mad I know it. I can rent a cheap spot in Europe and grind it out there. Not knowing any one or the language would really help me and of course better weather even if I can't enjoy it