Life As A Balding Guy In Your 20s Is So Unrewarding. Has Turned Me Into A Bitter Loser.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, first of all I’m sorry for being such a pessimistic loser, but hairloss has taken its toll on me.

My androgenetic alopecia started the year I turned 21. At least that’s when I first noticed rapid thinning at the temples under certain lighting, creating like a "plank of hair" in the center. I went through the three stages that all balding guys have to go through real fast… self-delusion, depression and semi-accpetance, expect there‘s never real accpetance because balding brings such a drastic change in the quality of life that my existence has pretty much become a roller coaster since with days where I am at peace with my new appereance and days where it haunts me even in my sleep. More of the latter actually.

I’m turning 27 this year and I’m currently in the early stages of NW3 Vertex with some diffuse thinng all over on top (probably NW4 soon). It looks horrible and doesn’t suit me at all. I used to have thick, dark hair in my teenage days and I can definitely say it was my single best feature, getting compliments from girls and barbers alike felt great and I never spent much time thinking about the possibility of going bald young, which was kinda ignorant given that ¾ of my close male relatives are NW5 and up.

About 2 years ago I got so frustrated with my hair that I shaved it all off with a razor and be done with it already („just shave it bro“). I was happy with the result. Almost ideal headshape, which is more than can be said about a lot of bald guys and my cheekbones kinda saved me. Only problem: I’m pale like a ghost and tanning takes like forever to get the most pathetic results. I have to spend hundreds of euros in the solarium to look average during fall and winter, not to mention dark hair and pastry skin creates the illusion of grey/silver scalp which just looks comically bad, especially on the dreaded sides. Did I mention that I have a young face with femine features like big cheekbones and short nose, I even got carded reglurary during my NW2 days… Yeah, not cool when you're balding.

So media convinced me to go to he gym because muscular bald guys with stubble are hot, right? … Wrong. Hypermasculine guys are hot.

For almost 2 years I became the most dedicated guy at my local gym to a point where the other regulars were making fun at my religiously regimen, training 5 days a week and cardio during weekends. I learned pretty fast that natural bodybuilding once again is 100% genetic. As a 5‘10‘‘ guy with joints like a petite woman I will never look like the Rock, or even the standard buff guys around. My fairly wide shoulders and narrow waist/hips created the illusion of an athletic body real fast and I was happy with the results, only problem I’m still balding, so normal standrads do not apply to me any more, I have to look better than anyone else to compete and that’s where it mentally started to destroy me. With a full head of hair and a beach body like that I would have cleaned up the girls, but with a bald head I just looked like a pathetic, overcompensating loser.

Let me tell you this, and I'm sure most bald guys agree… balding ist he biggest fall from grace with the girls. Nothing else comes even close, and nothing makes you age faster than a fucked up hairline and vertex thinning. I see mediocre looking, skinny guys with acne dating pretty girl all the time. I’ve never seen a single skinny bald guy with a decent girl. The only bald guys that are doing fine with women are hypermasculine brutes that look like they should be bald by default, like 5% of the male population.

The few experiences I’ve had with girls ever since were very meager to say the least. One flat out told me that I was "nice and all" but not her type due to lack of hair. She was young, so I focused on girls 22+. One time a NW0 Fuaxhawk took my date, which is probably the most demoralizing thing I have experienced so far, I almost drowned myself with Whisky that night. I’ve only had sex once in the last half decade and I was drunk, in a car and with a shitty condom. It was awful and the girl acted like it didn’t happen.

So yeah… To cut a long story short, I have experienced the biggest burnout since with severe anxiety, depression and even erectile dysfuntion due to self-hate. Doctors can’t help me because they’re completely ignorant about balding and its effect on the dating market in the current social media age. What I do is getting drunk, sleeping and playing video games. I haven’t shaved in weeks, because I have zero motivation to do so. Life is pretty much over for me at 27.

I’m not taking finasteride, because the permenent side effects like gyno, ED and moonface scare the sh*t out of me and I can’t afford it. I tried minoxidil once but it didn’t do much except for shedding and causing an itchy scalp. I even tried dozens of naturopathy meds for hairloss… all just scams. Never seen a decent hair transplanet either, all it does is scar your sclap and give you some flimsy hair to cover up. Not what I consider quality of life.

I'm sorry if some teenage NW4+ that have to read this, but let me tell you that NW3Vertex in your 20s isn't much better in todays society when 80% of guys still have a healthy head of hair. One of my mother's cousins went completely bald with19/20 and he seems like a cool, self-satisfied guy, even has a decent looking wife. But even he told me that his adolescene in the 70s was H E L L and it took him till his late 30s to find the one.

At the moment it doesn’t look like I will make it past 30. Hair for me is like a video game health bar, once it's gone it’s Game Over for the majority of guys.

f*** this world.

Actually isnt so bad until you get to a norwood 7 with thinning temples like me.

Clippers with no guard on shaved head look I didn't care.

The last few years even a shaved head looked terrible as I look like a shiny egg cueball head with no stubble line.

That's when I looked into hair systems.
Far from perfect but made me happier now, especially the style I wanted.

I wouldn't risk SMP myself, if it goes wrong and looks fake, I'm fucked for life. Worse than shiny egghead bald.

Ultimately big muscles + a tan, hairloss wouldn't matter as much.

But I'm skinny, no muscles, pale af,jobless,depression,severe anxiety, autism,etc.

So a hair system is working for me for now.

4hair4him

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually isnt so bad until you get to a norwood 7 with thinning temples like me.

The last few years even a shaved head looked terrible as I look like a shiny egg cueball head with no stubble line.

I wouldn't risk SMP myself, if it goes wrong and looks fake, I'm fucked for life. Worse than shiny egghead bald.

But I'm skinny, no muscles, pale af,jobless,depression,severe anxiety, autism,etc.

So a hair system is working for me for now.

Is your hair system detectable?

Dutchie

Established Member
Reaction score

So a hair system is working for me for now
Have you had any scalp infections yet, I heard those are common.

Also, how many months or years have you had the hair system now??

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
I can completely relate to the topic creator's post. I had a NW6 since age 25 and had to buzz it since then. I'm around the same age as him. I'm in better shape than everybody I know, earn more and everybody tells me that I have a good head shape. What I really want is to get married and have children. I want to raise a family. But, because of baldness, that has been denied to me. I'm soon going to start writing my will and yes it will probably get cashed in soon.

Muscles don't matter. Head shape doesn't matter. Dress sense doesn't matter. Success doesn't matter. I've seen it with my own eyes. What you need to get is height or hair. That is what one needs to get married. People like us just don't. And I think that writing the will etc. because of this is perfectly reasonable. Really what is the point of life if you can't have a family? The answer is not so apparent.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you had any scalp infections yet, I heard those are common.

Also, how many months or years have you had the hair system now??

No scalp infections at all.

Had my 1st hair system from Optima Hair last 3 months then the base tore, onto my 2nd one, lasted a few weeks so far, but colour match is a mismatch.
I got a 3rd, but without seeing it(it's stored at my hair replacement salon), won't be able to tell if the colour match is correct or the factory fucked that one up too.
I sent them a hair sample of my own hair, so pissed off they made a mistake on the 2nd system.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can completely relate to the topic creator's post. I had a NW6 since age 25 and had to buzz it since then. I'm around the same age as him. I'm in better shape than everybody I know, earn more and everybody tells me that I have a good head shape. What I really want is to get married and have children. I want to raise a family. But, because of baldness, that has been denied to me. I'm soon going to start writing my will and yes it will probably get cashed in soon.

Muscles don't matter. Head shape doesn't matter. Dress sense doesn't matter. Success doesn't matter. I've seen it with my own eyes. What you need to get is height or hair. That is what one needs to get married. People like us just don't. And I think that writing the will etc. because of this is perfectly reasonable. Really what is the point of life if you can't have a family? The answer is not so apparent.

6ft 3 myself...
Mostly gay though.

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Your obsession with marriage and having a family is weird. You are still in your 20s but you have the mentality of someone who is 40. Balding is doing you a massive favour if it is the reason why you are not married. Marriage and very long term relationships don't work wether you are NW0 or NW7.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Your obsession with marriage and having a family is weird. You are still in your 20s but you have the mentality of someone who is 40. Balding is doing you a massive favour if it is the reason why you are not married. Marriage and very long term relationships don't work wether you are NW0 or NW7.

With hair loss (especially the advanced kind, not the NW2 bullshit that people come here to cry about), it's easy to feel old and that you have to "settle" because you see your options dwindling.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With hair loss (especially the advanced kind, not the NW2 bullshit that people come here to cry about), it's easy to feel old and that you have to "settle" because you see your options dwindling.

True, being a norwood 7 unless I wear my hair system or got SMP.
Tried shaving my head and didn't work for me.

I do look old, ugly and undatable when bald.

Toms

Established Member
Reaction score

Actually the degree to which you get affected by a NW2 is highly dependent on other factors as well. Head shape, size, cheekbones, jaw. A dude with a big lightbulb head shape and a small jaw will experience a bigger drop in looks with a NW2 than a dude with a small, narrow at the temples head and a big jaw would with a NW3+. NW2 can really make a huge difference on some unlucky individuals when they would look absolutely OK with a NW1

soundnvision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're that depressed but you think finasteride would someone make things worse?
I have no sympathy.Your situation sounds alot like mine but I threw everything at it I could, 2 hair transplants, finasteride and now dutasteride, 2 smp sessions, minoxidil.
If you are as depressed as you say you have nothing to lose by taking finasteride.

soundnvision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im small framed too (size 7 feet small hands ) but with broad shoulders and narrow waist. I went to the gym natty for 2 years and gained only a few kg. Then I got fed up and did a cycle of testosterone and deca, I went from 72 kg to 81 in 6 weeks, my shoulders blew up and I got female attention (wide broad shoulders are the biggest attraction signal for a woman arms mean very little) I wasn't taking finasteride at this point though which was a mistake. I've since done a few more cycles while using finasteride/dutasteride and my hair always comes back just as thick around 5 weeks after the cycle has finished.
You always have the option to shave your head get smp and blast alot of roids. Or take finasteride to keep what you have and only do small /moderate cycles of roids.
No excuses.

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I empathize with the OP. Hair loss destroyed me, to the point I'm housebound. Completely shattered my life.

nope, hair follicles die out, there are none, its just empty space in your skin, like pores.

I don't know. When I started taking Vitamin D, after having a deficiency, I had little hairs grown in a perfectly shaped hairline even lower than my hair was as an early teen. it was just totally smooth bald skin before that. It's not thick or long enough to look like real hair though. I got a handheld microscope though and they look like the hair follicles on my head. Too bad my real hairline is sprinting for the back of my head like it is Forest Gump.

Last edited:

INT

Reaction score
I can completely relate to the topic creator's post. I had a NW6 since age 25 and had to buzz it since then. I'm around the same age as him. I'm in better shape than everybody I know, earn more and everybody tells me that I have a good head shape.

Attraction for women is not so much a rational checklist as it is to men.

What I really want is to get married and have children. I want to raise a family.

Why exactly? Why do you think this will give you happiness? If you are not happy with yourself nothing will give you actual happiness and if you eventually find a partner you will probably screw that up with this mindset anyway.

But, because of baldness, that has been denied to me. I'm soon going to start writing my will and yes it will probably get cashed in soon.

Jep, definitely seems like hairloss is the only problem you have, other than that you would make an absolute perfect partner that will make any woman safe and happy.

Muscles don't matter. Head shape doesn't matter. Dress sense doesn't matter. Success doesn't matter. I've seen it with my own eyes.

Don't frame your own biased observations as reality.

What you need to get is height or hair.

Let me guess, you don't have any of those, right?

The real reason why you are not dating anyone is because you have a shitty attitude and you are not happy with yourself. Women have a sixth sense for that and no amount hair, height, musles, money or whatever other superficial things are going to make up for that if your goal is to find a high value partner.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I
I don't know. When I started taking Vitamin D, after having a deficiency, I had little hairs grown in a perfectly shaped hairline even lower than my hair was as an early teen.
what form of vid d u take? im taking 15k IU drops right now, but im taking like 4 drops daily, im not sure how to calculate the amount of vit d i take in that amount

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what form of vid d u take? im taking 15k IU drops right now, but im taking like 4 drops daily, im not sure how to calculate the amount of vit d i take in that amount
I don't know the brand or anything, cause it's this locally manufactured kind that's supposed to be real organic. But it's 5000iu, and comes in a little gel capsule. I also had to figure out how to get my body to absorb it. Tried all kinds of things to get it to really take.

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know the brand or anything, cause it's this locally manufactured kind that's supposed to be real organic. But it's 5000iu, and comes in a little gel capsule. I also had to figure out how to get my body to absorb it. Tried all kinds of things to get it to really take.
How did u get your body to absorb it. Asking because I also take it. Thanks

vinn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

If bald guys couldn't get married and have children then the genes for baldness would have died out a long time ago. Most men go bald and most men manage to get married and breed.