lidya's Story

lidya

Reaction score
Hi i am new to this forum. I have been loosing my for 3 yrs now. I don't have any bald patches or anything but everyday i loose more hair. I have been to the doctor once but they couldn't find anything wrong. My hair is now 1/3 of what it used to be and its also shorter and its not growing. It still falls out i don't know what do anymore. I was hoping it would somehow stop but its getting worse. I am planning to shave whatever is left so that new hair would grow but i don't want to be bald if there is anything out there that can help me. pls any reply would be appreciated. i am lost. :cry:

slackdar

Reaction score
Lidya,

I know your pain. The sooner you stop hoping it will go away on its own, the better. If your doctor couldn't find any other reason for your hair to be thinning, you need to look at basic treatments NOW.
The "Big 3" that a lot of people here talk about are Finasteride pills (Propecia or Proscar), Nizoral shampoo, and Minoxidil (Rogaine). Only finasteride requires a prescription, and you should be able to get a prescription fairly easy (unless you're a woman). I think a lot of guys do all three of these at once. I've been on propecia for over 4 years and I just started the other two.

Above all, read over this entire website. I think it's one of the few decent resources online, and you should find it encouraging.